About Wurl, LLC.
Wurl is redefining TV through our mission of connecting all the world’s programming with all the world’s viewers. And in pursuit of this, Wurl has become the world leader in powering streaming TV. Our industry-leading platform helps renowned media companies such as A+E Networks, AMC Networks, BBC Studios, Bloomberg, CNN, Reuters, and Sony create streaming TV channels and deliver programming to the world’s biggest Streamers, including Amazon, Roku, Samsung TV Plus, LG, VIZIO, and Rakuten. Today, Wurl interconnects over 1200 streaming channels and Streamers, reaching more than 300 million connected TVs in over 50 countries. The Wurl Network makes it effortless for Content Companies to build global distribution for branded FAST channels, live events, and on-demand programming, as well as manage and monetize their ad inventory.
We're an entertainment tech startup with 160+ team members across the world. We've been recognized as a “Great Place to Work" after the first two years by fostering an inclusive and mission-driven culture. In addition to RSU's and great benefits, our people work remotely.
Full Stack Engineer (Remote):
In this role, you will be a key member of the Wurl engineering team building the platform responsible for retrieval, curation, and scheduling of managed media into 24/7-linear channels and VOD deliveries.
What you will do:
- Shape and revolutionize the future of streaming TV
- Build innovative, market-leading technologies to help content companies and streamers succeed
- Participate in a 100% open environment where everyone is encouraged to share ideas, big and small
- Learn and grow in a rapidly accelerating industry
Who you are:
- 3 years of complete software lifecycle experience, including design, architecture, and implementation of software features
- Experience with JSON API-level interface, and GraphQL
- Experience using modern web technologies and network transports (WebSockets, Redis)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including documenting software design and process
- Working knowledge of software engineering design principles and processes, including Test Driven Development
- Working knowledge of engineering fundamentals and best-practices such as git-flow, pull requests, code reviews, SLAs
- Experience with Agile Scrum
A plus if you have:
- Experience using client-side state management tools like Redux and Apollo Client.
- An understanding of the W3C Media Source Extensions and the video tag.
- Knowledge of video delivery standards (HLS, MP4, RTMP, DASH, MRSS, MP-TS, RTMP)
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Strong Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, 90% paid by Wurl
- Remote first policy
- Flexible Time Off
- 12 US Holidays
- 401(k) Matching
- Pre-Tax Savings Plans, HSA & FSA
- Ginger, Aaptiv and Headspace subscriptions for mental and physical wellness
- OneMedical subscription for 24/7 convenient medical care
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave for all family additions
- Discounted PetPlan and easy at home access to Covid testing with empowerDX
- $1k Work From Home Stipend to set up your Office
Few companies allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, team collaboration and you will understand what we mean by ‘human connection”. You will be proud to say you're a part of the company revolutionizing TV.
At Wurl, we value work-life harmony and believe that family and mental health should always come first. Our team is fiercely passionate and contagiously enthusiastic about what we are building. While we are seeking those who know our industry, there is no perfect candidate and we want to encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements.