About Wurl, LLC.
Do you want to help grow an incredible entertainment and ad tech company with a fantastic culture, collaborate and grow your career, while working remotely?
Wurl is redefining TV through our mission of connecting all the world’s programming with all the world’s viewers. And in pursuit of this, Wurl has become the world leader in powering streaming TV. Our industry-leading platform helps renowned media companies such as A+E Networks, AMC Networks, BBC Studios, Bloomberg, CNN, Reuters, and Sony create streaming TV channels and deliver programming to the world’s biggest Streamers, including Amazon, Roku, Samsung TV Plus, LG, VIZIO, and Rakuten. Today, Wurl interconnects over 1200 streaming channels and Streamers, reaching more than 300 million connected TVs in over 50 countries. The Wurl Network makes it effortless for Content Companies to build global distribution for branded FAST channels, live events, and on-demand programming, as well as manage and monetize their ad inventory.
We're an entertainment tech startup with 160+ team members across the world. We've been recognized as a “Great Place to Work" after the first two years by fostering an inclusive and mission-driven culture. In addition to RSU's and great benefits, our people work remotely.
VP of Product - Remote:
Wurl is seeking a VP of Product to help define and build Wurl’s state of the art connected TV video streaming, advertising and machine learning products. This candidate will “own our products" - defining product roadmap and vision, market analysis, competitive research, manage product marketing, define product priorities, and work closely with engineering to drive product launches. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in product management with a focus on the digital video streaming service industry.
What you will do:
- Define Wurl’s global product strategy and build a robust product roadmap.
- Develop a culture focused on outcomes working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive product innovation and improvement of solutions that map to product/market fit, drive customer success, maintain market leadership and provide excellent revenue growth.
- Lead the product management team on product vision, design, strategy and execution for Wurl’s streaming, advertisement and machine learning services
- Lead and understand analysis of the competitive environment, customers and product
metrics to determine the right set of features to drive engagement.
- Develop a small organization to develop the next generation of Wurl product leaders
- Recruit, lead, inspire and engage a high-performing team, encouraging a dynamic of collaboration, growth, risk-taking, and professional development
- Work with the Business Development and Engineering teams to identify new means of monetization, manage platform integrations, define and own product roadmaps and launches and overall deliver product and process improvements for Wurl partners.
- Other responsibilities as needed
- 10+ years in technology product management with at least 5+ years’ of product management experience in Internet-based streaming and/or video advertising.
- Proven leadership skills, managing direct reports and building a product team within digital video/streaming or online video advertising.
- Great listener. Articulate a vision. Lead through execution.
- Extensive experience building products from the planning stage to release.
- Excellent planning and project management skills, with proven ability to set and achieve ambitious milestones
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Strong Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, 90% paid by Wurl
- Remote first policy
- Flexible Time Off
- 12 US Holidays
- 401(k) Matching
- Pre-Tax Savings Plans, HSA & FSA
- Ginger, Aaptiv and Headspace subscriptions for mental and physical wellness
- OneMedical subscription for 24/7 convenient medical care
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave for all family additions
- Discounted PetPlan and easy at home access to Covid testing with empowerDX
- $1k Work From Home Stipend to set up your Office
Few companies allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, team collaboration and you will understand what we mean by ‘human connection”. You will be proud to say you're a part of the company revolutionizing TV.
At Wurl, we value work-life harmony and believe that family and mental health should always come first. Our team is fiercely passionate and contagiously enthusiastic about what we are building. While we are seeking those who know our industry, there is no perfect candidate and we want to encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements.