About Wurl, Inc.
Wurl is redefining TV through our mission of connecting all the world’s programming with all the world’s viewers. And in pursuit of this, Wurl has become the world leader in powering streaming TV. Our industry-leading platform helps renowned media companies such as A+E Networks, AMC Networks, BBC Studios, Bloomberg, CNN, Reuters, and Sony create streaming TV channels and deliver programming to the world’s biggest Streamers, including Amazon, Roku, Samsung TV Plus, LG, VIZIO, and Rakuten. Today, Wurl interconnects over 1200 streaming channels and Streamers, reaching more than 300 million connected TVs in over 50 countries. The Wurl Network makes it effortless for Content Companies to build global distribution for branded FAST channels, live events, and on-demand programming, as well as manage and monetize their ad inventory.
Director, Channel Operations
The Director, Channel Operations position will report directly to the VP of Operations and is responsible for managing and supporting the teams that handle all channel launch and scheduling operations within the Wurl Network. This role oversees the Onboarding, Launch Operations, Content Operations and Channel Scheduling teams, along with Channel Operations Associates. The Director, Channel Operations serves as an escalation path for both internal teams, as well as our customers to ensure launches move forward as scheduled and that channels within the Scheduling service are excellently maintained. In addition, this role is responsible for optimizing processes and for further streamlining internal and external workflows.
This role is crucial for the daily operations of our channel launch teams and the overall success of the global distribution strategies at Wurl. The position is perfect for someone who loves a challenge working alongside amazing and brilliant people!
- Lead team of managers who oversee critical departments within the Operations organization: Onboarding, Launch Operations, Channel Scheduling and Content Operations
- Oversee the team of Channel Operations Associates, who contribute across the entire Channel Operations team
- Maintain regular cadences internally with the team, both as a group and individually to promote growth and sense of camaraderie
- Collaborate with multiple internal teams, within Operations and beyond to ensure workflows are optimized across the company
- Act as an advocate for the Channel Operations team by working closely with Product to develop tools that will assist the teams to scale
- Act as a point of escalation for the managers of the Onboarding, Launch Operations and Channel Scheduling teams
- Architect and build hiring plans to reflect the growth of the company and to balance the workload of the Channel Ops teams
Our ideal candidate has directly relevant experience in a similar role and a similar type of company. In addition they should also possess the following skills/traits:
- 4+ years leading a team of managers who each have 4 or more direct reports
- 7+ years experience in project management or technical operations in the digital video delivery space
- Experience growing and managing teams in a startup environment is preferred
- Top-notch problem solving and project management skills, with a knack for finding the solution by collaborating with both internal and external teams
- Comfortable with asserting requirements and deadlines internally and with the customer
- Strong understanding of streaming video specs including video codecs, closed caption formats and stream output types
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent