About Wurl, Inc.
Wurl, the world leader in powering streaming TV, interconnects over 1200 streaming channels from the world’s top content companies with the leading streaming distribution services in over 50 countries. The Wurl Network platform helps leading studios such as A+E Networks, AMC Networks, BBC Studios, Bloomberg, CNN, Reuters and Sony, deliver programming to the biggest streaming platforms, including Amazon IMDb TV, LG, Roku, Samsung TV Plus, Rakuten, Twitch, and VIZIO, while maximizing monetization. Reaching over 300 million connected TVs around the globe, Wurl makes it effortless for content companies to build and track global distribution for branded linear channels, live events, and on-demand programming to manage and monetize their ad inventory.
We're an entertainment tech startup with 160+ team members across the world. We've been recognized as a “Great Place to Work" after the first two years by fostering an inclusive and mission-driven culture. In addition to stock options and great benefits, our people work remotely.
Senior QA Automation Engineer (Remote):
We are looking for an exceptional engineer who has experience in streaming technology, performance testing and automation development. In this role you will work on key video services projects around video ingestion, encoding, VoD/Linear, DRM with the goal of delivering best-in-class streaming on CTV. Your main focus will be testing and automation of streaming video features. There is a lot of opportunity to research, innovate and think outside the box.
- Defining and running functional and performance tests in the video streaming space
- Automating test scenarios in the media streaming space
- Creating tools (apps, scripts, etc) to help with testing efforts
- Work very closely with the development team and other cross functional teams to ensure quality is of the highest level.
- First level triaging and analysis of issues found during testing
- Reporting of test results to various cross functional teams, and should be able to confidently represent QA concerns in meetings
- 7+ years of QA automation experience
- Knowledge of Adaptive Video Streaming Technology (HLS, DASH)
- Well versed with audio/video muxing, streaming codecs, and streaming protocols.
- Performance and functional testing experience
- Automation experience (creating or utilizing existing test frameworks)
- Proficiency in Python, Ruby or similar languages
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working with AWS services like EC2, Lambda, RDS, S3, SQS etc.
- Curiosity to learn is a must!!!
Nice to have
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver, Robot Framework a plus
- Experience with automated CI environments and tools, preferably Jenkins
- Knowledge of open-source software like FFMPEG and nginx.
- Some experience with information security is helpful as customer’s place their intellectual property in our hands and trust us to treat it accordingly.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
What We Offer
Wurl provides a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, 4 weeks of paid time off, 10 paid holidays, 401(k), flexible schedules and HSA. We are a fun, creative and collaborative remote work environment, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. We live our values everyday in how we work with one another and support our clients. Wurl is truly a unique place to learn, create and have a daily impact on millions of people every day.
Our promise to you
Few companies will allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, and you will understand what we mean by “human connection.” You will be proud to say you’re a part of the company revolutionizing TV.