About Wurl, Inc.
Do you want to help grow an incredible entertainment and ad tech company with a fantastic culture, collaborate and grow your career, while working remotely?
Since 2017, Wurl has been on a mission to make TV better for everyone. Today, Wurl is the world leader in powering streaming TV. Our video distribution and advertising services reach over 250 million connected TVs, delivering hundreds of millions of hours of TV viewing and millions of individually targeted ads. Wurl’s innovative, market-leading technologies enable content companies, streamers, and advertising to continually reach new viewers and grow revenue. Our clients include Roku, SlingTV, Pluto, AMC+, Bloomberg, Vizio, LG, and many many more! We’re growing and looking for talented people who are passionate about working collaboratively with their peers to grow an incredible not-so-small tech, media, and entertainment company for the 21st century.
**Our employees love working with us because we have a great and positive work culture, incredible health and wellness benefits, competitive annual PTO, parental leave, opportunities for career growth, and we are entirely remote! **
Director, Advertising Sales, US - Remote, Full Time
Wurl is looking for an experienced and strategic Director, Advertising Sales for the US Advertising team, who is multi-skilled and knowledgeable in the media sales space, particularly with Entertainment, Content or Television advertising sales experience. Our ideal candidate is able to hire, manage, and grow a team of hungry media sellers to cover the US region (both advertising media agencies and their Fortune 500 clients).
This is a senior role, requiring experience with the above, and the business acumen needed to build and model revenue targets to grow a healthy advertising sales org from the ground up. This role reports to the VP, Advertising. This role interfaces with the CEO and many other leaders across our business.
You’ll also help us strategically partner with Content Providers and Agencies, Brands, and major DSPs/SSPs to grow both the revenue for content providers as well as support us on inventory growth: Helping to add to a massive pool of 780M+ 30-second available impressions.
Ideally, you have worked in ConnectedTV (CTV) or are highly experienced in media sales and have a strong rolodex with key Fortune 500 buyers and their agency partners. You thrive in the creative, fast-paced, and autonomous culture that comes with a mid-stage start-up in its growth phase. This role is an incredible opportunity to generate a huge impact and be an industry leader in an exploding space -- CTV!
Some occasional travel for pitches and deal-making will be required once COVID restrictions are fully lifted. As of now, all meetings are remote, for your safety and safety of all Wurl employees.
- Experience winning media sales deals, and growing, managing a team to success with aggressive quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Collaborative leadership skills, positive attitude, and passion for revenue growth
- Strong Communicator. You are the quarterback and the coach.
- Strong analytical capabilities and consultative sales skills, and a deep understanding of technology-enabled advertising
- Experience or understanding of how to foster strong relationships with Content Providers and Streamers
- Ability to interface across teams, intrapreneurial skills
- Ability to collaborate on the story for our go-to-market materials, interfacing with Marketing and Sales-Marketing.
- Outreach and relationships with key 3rd-party partners: Developing an ongoing relationship with representatives from various 3rd-party demand partners to drive Wurl’s business and AdPool product goals.
- Develop and maintain healthy, productive, working relationships across the business
- Set business goals and maintain monthly financial results and projection plan
- Organizational Structure and Hiring: Building and executing an appropriate team staffing and hiring plan that includes roles and responsibilities to achieve team goals.
- Packaging inventory to focus on core audience requested in the media sales market
- Some travel, once COVID restrictions are lifted and travel is deemed safe.
- BA/BS; MBA preferred, not required
- 10-12+ years of work experience with at least 7+ years of boots-on-the-ground sales experience required, ideally in and around entertainment or media companies; at least 5 of those years should be specifically in media sales with Fortune 500 brands and agencies.
- Some Agency-side experience is also a plus, but not required.
- A creative storyteller who can motivate customers through insight-driven communications
- Balance analytics with creativity, managing KPIs and speak knowledgeably on digital metrics as well as understand financial business objectives and translate those into action for teams.
- Ability to influence and inspire internal and external leadership and stakeholders to take appropriate risks.
- Experience negotiating contracts
- Capability to inspire, coach, engage and develop talent. Must have experience directly managing teams.
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to influence and inspire others is required
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface directly with C-level Executives
- Project manager at the core: drive agendas, meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Build, lead, and motivate a high performing sales team
- Create, manage, and scale a revenue pipeline with advertisers, agencies, and supply partners
- Create, aggressively pitch, close new business and exceed sales targets by using a robust solution-based sales approach
- Represent the sales organization as a senior presence in the broader advertising market
- Drive results in a fast-paced, resource-conscious environment with a creative style and a strong vision
- Work with the product & AdOPS AdTech team to continue to develop and enhance sales messaging and collateral to highlight Wurl and AdPool’s unique benefits
- Communicate vision and strategy effectively with potential and current customers/partners
Competitive Compensation and Comp Plan for the right candidate
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
What We Offer
Wurl provides a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, 4 weeks of paid time off, 10 paid holidays, 401(k), flexible schedules and HSA. We are a fun, creative and collaborative remote work environment, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. We live our values everyday in how we work with one another and support our clients. Wurl is truly a unique place to learn, create and have a daily impact on millions of people every day.
Our promise to you
Few companies will allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, and you will understand what we mean by “human connection.” You will be proud to say you’re a part of the company revolutionizing TV.