Senior Manager, Launch Operations
The Senior Manager, Launch Operations position will be responsible for managing the team that handles all channel launches within the Wurl Network. The Launch Ops team plays a central role in ensuring all of those launches are delivered on time and as expected. This role is responsible for overseeing the team of Launch Ops managers, serving as an escalation path for both the Launch Ops team and for our customers and ensuring channel launches move forward as scheduled. The Senior Manager, Launch Operations role will also be responsible for optimizing processes and further streamlining the overall workflow.Responsibilities
- Lead team of Launch Operations Managers
- Maintain regular cadences internally with the team, both as a group and individually to promote growth and sense of camaraderie
- Ensure Launch Ops Managers are managing timelines for all launches effectively
- Collaborate with multiple internal teams, including Onboarding, Scheduling and BD to ensure all requirements for launch are met and that the customer relationship is maintained throughout launch
- Act as the escalation point for the Launch Ops team, as well as our customers and integration partners
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues that pertain to launch
- Ability to identify which issues need to be escalated and effectively communicate them to other branches of the company using tools such as JIRA, ZenDesk and Asana
- Consistently maintain a birds eye view of the Launch Ops process to design, plan, and develop ways to scale launch efforts while maintaining any documentation needed to ensure the process remains accurate
Our ideal candidate has directly relevant experience in a similar role and a similar type of company. In addition they should also possess the following skills/traits:
- 2+ years leading a team of 5 or more individuals
- 5+ years experience in project management or technical operations in the digital video delivery space
- Top-notch problem solving and project management skills, with a knack for finding the solution by collaborating with both internal and external teams
- Comfortable with asserting requirements and deadlines internally and with the customer
- Strong understanding of streaming video specs including video codecs, closed caption formats and stream output type
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
What We Offer
Wurl provides a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k), flexible schedules and HSA. We are a fun, creative and collaborative remote work environment, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. We live our values (PASSION, OWNERSHIP, RESPECT, EXCELLENCE) everyday in how we work with one another and support our clients. Wurl is truly a unique place to learn, create and have a daily impact on millions of people every day.
Who We Are
The Wurl Network is at the center of two giant ecosystems - the world's largest media brands and the world's largest TV streaming services. Wurl is the market leader in helping Video Producers distribute and monetize their content with scale, efficiency, and agility. Our network reaches +150 million TVs managing the distribution and monetization of hundreds of millions of hours of programming and billions of ads for Wurl customers. At Wurl, you will change what "TV" means for hundreds of millions of viewers around the world. This is a rare opportunity to be one of the first 100 employees for one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley.
COVID Update: We are actively hiring for this position and have been operating as a fully distributed organization across the United States since Wurl started. We anticipate a future where we will be able to periodically gather as a company again, but we put the health and wellbeing of our employees (and their families) first.