In this job, you'll be a key member of the Wurl engineering team building the system responsible for retrieval, curation, and scheduling of managed media into 24/7-linear channels and VOD deliveries. Challenges of this position include managing large libraries of content and related metadata, validating channels across multiple video services, preserving lineup integrity in the midst of ever-changing content, and optimizing for performance as Wurl continues to grow at a rapid pace.
- 3+ years of complete software lifecycle experience, including design, architecture, and implementation of software features.
- At least 1 year of production experience with React, including Typescript.
- Experience with JSON API-level interface, and GraphQL
- Experience using modern web technologies and network transports (WebSockets, Redis, SCSS)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including documenting software design and process.
- Deep knowledge of engineering fundamentals such as Agile methodology, git-flow, pull requests, code reviews, SLAs, and test-driven development.
A plus if you have:
- Experience using client-side state management tools like Redux and Apollo Client.
- An understanding of the W3C Media Source Extensions and the video tag.
- Knowledge of video delivery standards (HLS, MP4, RTMP, DASH, MRSS, MP-TS, RTMP)
What We Offer
Wurl provides a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k), flexible schedules and HSA. We are a fun, creative and collaborative remote work environment, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. We live our values (PASSION, OWNERSHIP, RESPECT, EXCELLANCE) everyday in how we work with one another and support our clients. Wurl is truly a unique place to learn, create and have a daily impact on millions of people every day.
Who We Are
The Wurl Network is at the center of two giant ecosystems - the world's largest media brands and the world's largest TV streaming services. Wurl is the market leader in helping Video Producers distribute and monetize their content with scale, efficiency, and agility. Our network reaches +150 million TVs managing the distribution and monetization of hundreds of millions of hours of programming and billions of ads for Wurl customers. At Wurl, you will change what "TV" means for hundreds of millions of viewers around the world. This is a rare opportunity to be one of the first 200 employees for one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley.
COVID Update: We are actively hiring for this position and have been operating as a fully distributed organization across the United States since Wurl started. We anticipate a future where we will be able to periodically gather as a company again, but we put the health and wellbeing of our employees (and their families) first.