Senior Manager, Video Service Operations
The Senior Manager, Video Service Operations will own end-to-end project management of new Connector build outs and Connector enhancements, coordinating specs, priority, and scheduling for all Video Services on the Wurl Network.
Part Product, part technical project manager, using strong OTT/CTV and technical knowledge, this role will serve as the primary point of contact for the Video-Services on all technical discussions during both on-boarding and on-going. The ideal candidate will provide the “birds eye view” of Wurl’s Video Service Operations.
What you will do
- Act as the project leader and main technical point of contact related to all new Video Service Onboardings and new Video Service feature rollouts on the Wurl Network
- Help audit and synthesize Video Service spec docs for Wurl Product and Engineering
- Coordinate the delivery of test materials and Wurl Spec docs for Video Service Review
- Work the Wurl’s BD team to help prioritize new Connector development based on criteria such as the ease of Wurl integration, customer priority, Wurl strategic interest, etc.
- Maintain detailed project trackers to communicate status internally and externally
- Coordinate with Support, Onboarding, and Launch Operations to capture and deliver any Video Producer requirements for new features / video services
- Collaborate internally with Product/Engineering to schedule and prioritize Connector POCs and Productization
- Coordinate with Video Services on any new Connector enhancements or spec changes and work with internal Support teams to communicate any new requirements to Video Producers (eg. Support for UHD, new Metadata requirements, etc.)
Who you are
- 3+ years experience in project management or technical operations in the streaming video space preferably with a Streaming Service
- Expert project management skills including the ability to take on several projects at once
- Top-notch problem solving skills, with a knack for finding the solution by collaborating with both internal and external teams
- Comfortable with asserting requirements and deadlines internally and with the customer
- Strong understanding of streaming video technology including video codecs, closed caption formats, streaming formats, and Server Side Ad Insertion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
What We Offer
Wurl provides a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k), flexible schedules and HSA. We are a fun, creative and collaborative remote work environment, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. We live our values (PASSION, OWNERSHIP, RESPECT, EXCELLANCE) everyday in how we work with one another and support our clients. Wurl is truly a unique place to learn, create and have a daily impact on millions of people every day.
Who We Are
The Wurl Network is at the center of two giant ecosystems - the world's largest media brands and the world's largest TV streaming services. Wurl is the market leader in helping Video Producers distribute and monetize their content with scale, efficiency, and agility. Our network reaches +150 million TVs managing the distribution and monetization of hundreds of millions of hours of programming and billions of ads for Wurl customers. At Wurl, you will change what "TV" means for hundreds of millions of viewers around the world. This is a rare opportunity to be one of the first 100 employees for one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley.
COVID Update: We are actively hiring for this position and have been operating as a fully distributed organization across the United States since Wurl started. We anticipate a future where we will be able to periodically gather as a company again, but we put the health and wellbeing of our employees (and their families) first.