Variety of duties including, but not limited to, building new manual tests that will be used as a basis for automated testing, build and/or maintain Python libraries for Robot Framework, implementation of build processes in conjunction with DevOps personnel. Primary responsibilities will be assisting the Sr Automation Engineer in architecting a complete automated test solution for each of our products.
- 7+ years of QA automation experience
- Intermediate Python
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver, Robot Framework a plus
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming, design and debugging skills.
- Ability to read and understand code and code documentation
- Comfortable with *nix command line interface
- Experience with automated CI environments and tools, preferably Jenkins
- Knowledge of AWS a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with git source control
- Experience with Agile methodologies a plus
- Proficiency in written and verbal communications.
- Can design and implement new tests and test automation in multiple feature areas, while developing domain expertise in at least one
- Analyze bug reports and be able to act on those reports to develop tests
- Work with the manual QA team to implement their test cases as automated test cases
- Design and implement automated tests using Robot Framework and Python
- Work with Devops to design and implement CI using Jenkins
- May research, investigate and define new areas of test technologies or methodologies to improve the testing of products.
- Streaming video delivery experience.
- Knowledge of streaming video formats.
- Some experience with information security is helpful as customer's place their intellectual property in our hands and trust us to treat it accordingly.
- Excited to learn new things and share knowledge.
What We Offer
Wurl provides a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k), flexible schedules and HSA. We are a fun, creative and collaborative remote work environment, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. We live our values (PASSION, OWNERSHIP, RESPECT, EXCELLANCE) everyday in how we work with one another and support our clients. Wurl is truly a unique place to learn, create and have a daily impact on millions of people every day.
Who We Are
The Wurl Network is at the center of two giant ecosystems - the world's largest media brands and the world's largest TV streaming services. Wurl is the market leader in helping Video Producers distribute and monetize their content with scale, efficiency, and agility. Our network reaches +150 million TVs managing the distribution and monetization of hundreds of millions of hours of programming and billions of ads for Wurl customers. At Wurl, you will change what "TV" means for hundreds of millions of viewers around the world. This is a rare opportunity to be one of the first 100 employees for one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley.
COVID Update: We are actively hiring for this position and have been operating as a fully distributed organization across the United States since Wurl started. We anticipate a future where we will be able to periodically gather as a company again, but we put the health and wellbeing of our employees (and their families) first.