The world’s video viewing is migrating to the Internet … all of it. Wurl is making it happen. Our customers are the biggest media brands on the planet – including Legendary, Lionsgate, Jukin Media, BBC, NBC, Eleven Sports, Sony Animation. Every day, 24/7 our network delivers their live, linear and VOD programming to the world’s largest Internet-based video services - including Twitch, Roku, Sling, Samsung. Launched in October 2017, our company has quickly become the market leader in video delivery and monetization. We’re enabling distribution of the world’s best programming to the world’s biggest video services. We need your help.
We’re looking for an experienced DevOps engineer to join our engineering team.
- Ensure that systems are available for customers.
- Enhance the infrastructure to improve our ability to scale, become increasingly more automated with a goal towards self-healing systems.
- Acquire a comprehensive understanding of existing technical environments and the business' needs to help the company move faster with respect to delivering value to its customers.
- Participate in on call rotations, troubleshoot and restore system functionality, as needed.
- Manage increasingly large systems and collaborate with development teams to continuously improve product reliability.
- Other duties as the needs appear.
- 5+ years software development experience.
- 3+ years experience in Site Reliability Engineering and/or DevOps.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment where long term goals vs short term 'get it done' tasks is a reality of a scaling business.
- Strong troubleshooting/debugging skills.
- Strong experience running production workloads in an AWS environment.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment with ability to listen to all viewpoints.
- Ability to communicate and describe problems and their resolutions to non-technical co-workers and customers.
- Production experience in designing, deploying and administering complex cloud applications.
- Solid experience developing, maintaining, and debugging applications built in Python, Ruby, Node.JS, or GoLang.
- Solid experience with automation and configuration management tools (e.g., Ansible).
- Experience with monitoring software and services (e.g, DataDog, Pingdom, PagerDuty).
- Linux Systems Administration.
- Internet and Cloud based software architecture.
- Experience with container technologies (e.g., docker).
- Able to collaborate and work with teams as well as independently with minimal supervision as needed.
- Distributed Version Control Software (e.g., git).
A Plus if you have
- Streaming video delivery experience.
- Knowledge of streaming video formats.
- Some experience with information security is helpful as customer's place their intellectual property in our hands and trust us to treat it accordingly.
- Excited to learn new things and share knowledge.
What We Offer
Wurl provides a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k), flexible schedules and HSA. We are a fun, creative and collaborative remote work environment, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. We live our values (PASSION, OWNERSHIP, RESPECT, EXCELLENCE) everyday in how we work with one another and support our clients. Wurl is truly a unique place to learn, create and have a daily impact on millions of people every day.
Who We Are
The Wurl Network is at the center of two giant ecosystems - the world's largest media brands and the world's largest TV streaming services. Wurl is the market leader in helping Video Producers distribute and monetize their content with scale, efficiency, and agility. Our network reaches +150 million TVs managing the distribution and monetization of hundreds of millions of hours of programming and billions of ads for Wurl customers. At Wurl, you will change what "TV" means for hundreds of millions of viewers around the world. This is a rare opportunity to be one of the first 100 employees for one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley.
COVID Update: We are actively hiring for this position and have been operating as a fully distributed organization across the United States since Wurl started. We anticipate a future where we will be able to periodically gather as a company again, but we put the health and wellbeing of our employees (and their families) first.