Data Science Software Engineer
Wurl is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented data scientist with experience in machine learning and big data. Wurl’s position in the video and ad delivery ecosystem enables detailed performance and behavioral measurement that can be used to optimize multiple algorithms. We’re looking for a data science lead that can help sift the data, create machine learning processes, and optimize use of our (very interesting) data.
The ideal candidate is experienced with Agile processes, microservice architectures, python, SaaS concepts. Experience with OTT video, ad insertion processes, big data, SQL, scripting languages, versioning system (e.g. GIT), JIRA, Confluence, DataDog, Snowflake, AWS is advantageous but not mandatory.
- Contribute to Wurl’s data processing and machine learning initiatives.
- Identify quality metrics and data features.
- Build data models and prediction models.
- Contribute to Wurl’s ML frameworks.
- Drive A/B & multivariate tests and design of experiments to facilitate testing of new product and design features, with focus on improving engagement, retention, and conversion.
- 5+ years experience with python, other scripting languages, R, C++, SQL
- Highly effective communication skills and team player.
- Understanding of professional coding practices, versioning systems, bug tracking, agile processes, etc.
- Experience with SaaS offerings: AWS preferred. Containerization, serverless processes, microservice architectures, etc.
- Big plus: experience with OTT streaming formats (HLS, DASH), SSAI architectures, ad management architectures.
- Experience with AI, including building ML models using frameworks such as MXNet, TensorFlow, PyTorch, SparkML, scikit-learn.
- Using probability, statistics, predictive modeling, machine learning, or other quantitative methodologies to solve real-world TV delivery and advertisement problems.
- Data pre-processing, visualization and cleaning experience.
What We Offer
Wurl provides a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k), flexible schedules and HSA. We are a fun, creative and collaborative remote work environment, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. We live our values (PASSION, OWNERSHIP, RESPECT, EXCELLENCE) everyday in how we work with one another and support our clients. Wurl is truly a unique place to learn, create and have a daily impact on millions of people every day.
Who We Are
The Wurl Network is at the center of two giant ecosystems - the world's largest media brands and the world's largest TV streaming services. Wurl is the market leader in helping Video Producers distribute and monetize their content with scale, efficiency, and agility. Our network reaches +150 million TVs managing the distribution and monetization of hundreds of millions of hours of programming and billions of ads for Wurl customers. At Wurl, you will change what "TV" means for hundreds of millions of viewers around the world. This is a rare opportunity to be one of the first 100 employees for one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley.
COVID Update: We are actively hiring for this position and have been operating as a fully distributed organization across the United States since Wurl started. We anticipate a future where we will be able to periodically gather as a company again, but we put the health and wellbeing of our employees (and their families) first.