Some information about the position - As you might suspect, this position performs a variety of structural design and detailing work – you may be involved in any of the following activities: structural design, drafting, meetings, coordination with architects and other engineering disciplines, estimates, and reports for a wide variety of projects.
Ok, sounds good so far, but why work at Wood Rodgers? We bring new ways of solving old problems. We are inventors, we ask ‘why not?’ and we challenge convention. Looking to work for a Company that is more than a big box??? We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference! Please check us out on social media to learn more about our company culture – on most platforms @woodrodgersinc
Sound like you? Read on:
Typical projects and essential duties:
- Planning and design for a variety of structures related to commercial buildings (steel and tilt-up office buildings, wood-framed retail, steel and masonry industrial, etc.), storm drainage culverts and conveyance facilities, below and above grade tanks, earth retaining walls and systems, tenant improvements, etc;
- Serve primary role in technical designs, including interface with other support disciplines and services;
- Complete field review and site inspection of existing structures and new project sites.
- Use and/or direct the use of computer-aided design and analysis software; lead or develop other computer-based processes to compile engineering data.
- Monitor and coordinate tasks and correspond with internal project team toward completion of projects, coordinate with clients and external project team.
- Assist with development of project proposals for new work
- Collaborate on technical report writing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering. BS in Civil Engineering with a Structural Engineering focus is preferred.
- Professional Engineer (PE) Licensure (preferably California), or in-process of obtaining licensure
- 3-10+ years of experience, of which a minimum of 3 years in performing the essential duties listed above.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, AutoCAD / Civil3D, Revit, Bluebeam, Enercalc, and 3D Finite Element Analysis and Design programs or other relevant visualization and modeling tools.
- Ability to interpret geotechnical and hydraulic support data and to review technical reports.
- Ability to apply procedures and criteria to work independently for the desired outcome.
- Ability to communicate clearly both in verbal, written, and visual form with team members, clients, and agencies.
- Collaborative and proactive approach to work and problem solving, often prioritizing time between multiple projects or tasks.