We are looking for an IT Manager/Director who can lead our Information Technology department and maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks throughout our six offices. This position would report to the Principal in charge of the Tech Department and the Board of Directors.
This position is responsible for the smooth functioning of the infrastructure and operational environments that support application deployment to internal and external customers, including the network infrastructure; server and device management; computer operations; IT infrastructure library (ITIL) management; and help desk services for the organization. The Infrastructure and Operations (I & O) team builds, manages and operates secure, scalable, optimized and highly reliable infrastructure to meet agreed upon service levels and business requirements. This position fills a significant role in the implementation and development of the I & O function within the company, along with creating and supporting the processes and supporting tools.
You should be a strong leader, have solid communications and project management skills, and possess 10+ years of IT experience.
Essential Job Duties and IT Department Management Responsibilities
- IT staff management – currently a staff of five.
- Consults the Board of Directors on overall IT direction, budgets, and implementation progress for infrastructure and technology changes.
- Develops and manages the long-term strategic direction for IT I & O to ensure alignment with the overall IT operating model and the company’s strategic plan.
- Ensures platform development and new solutions’ designs are created and implemented to meet key criteria for reliability, availability, manageability, performance and security (RAMPS).
- Oversees financials and performance of the IT services and infrastructure programs, ensuring cost transparency for the full stack of technology so that suitable IT investments are made.
- Oversees Deployment of end user devices, applications, data hosting, local area networks and wide area networks, identity access and active directory, and the engineering and deployment of data centers and networking so that the users and business are able to be effective through technology.
- Handles software & mobile device inventory, insuring compliance with licensing requirements, monitoring and identifying new purchase requirements and contract negotiations or renewals.
- Manages service desks, field support, end user care and IT communication to ensure a consistent and simple point of contact for all end user-related issues and requests.
- Ensures timely involvement of the right levels of support, initiates the escalation process whenever necessary, and managing it through to completion.
- Travel to the satellite offices as needed to support all responsibilities listed.
Additional IT Department Responsibilities
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Set up accounts, laptops and workstations
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to company requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages with the flexibility of taking calls during off hours in emergency circumstances
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Manage software compatibility between multiple programs in use across the company
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or related field
- A Certified Associate in Project Management or a Project Management Professional Certification is a plus
- 10+ years progressive IT experience
- 5+ years IT operations management experience
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Extensive knowledge and experience in aligning IT services with the needs of business
- Fluency in supplier management and solid negotiations skills
- Proven ability to plan, forecast and manage financial budgets
- Vendor management and negotiation experience
- Sound decision making ability with the experience to balance consensus against authority as appropriate
- Team player, with excellent collaboration, presentation and influencing skills, who can operate effectively within a cross functional management environment
- Strong team building skills and team facilitation skills that include bringing people together from various disciplines, experience, and geographies to work toward a common goal (In other words: Strong interpersonal skills)
- Extensive background leading projects to deploy physical, cloud, virtual, SaaS and IaaS services
- Working technical knowledge of current hosted, public, private, and hybrid cloud environments.
- Extensive infrastructure experience with Microsoft solution stack (sizing, provisioning, diagnosing)
- Support and operations of large SQL Server databases
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent systems level architecture and technical background
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment