Weee!, headquartered in Fremont, California, is the largest and fastest-growing(700% YoY growth) Asian e-grocer providing affordable access to hard-to-find and fresh Asian ingredients directly from the source. By partnering with local suppliers and leveraging proprietary demand forecasting technology, Weee! is reshaping the grocery supply chain entirely. Weee! has received $50M+ in funding to date from Goodwater Capital, iFly.vc, XVC, VMG, Lightspeed Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank., Amino Capital, VMG, XVE and Welight Capital. Weee! is currently available in the San Francisco Bay Area, Sacramento, Seattle, and Los Angeles and is gearing up for significant service expansion nationwide slated for the next 12 months.
About the role
The Strategic Sourcing Manager will lead the team for the company’s end to end sourcing of products. The goal is to achieve cost reduction goals and guarantee stable and reliable supply of goods through direct sourcing from manufacturer, contracting, and volume purchasing. The research that the Strategic Sourcing Manager conducts drives the purchasing decisions for the business. He or she is expected to rigorously locate and analyze new opportunities and developments for the business.
- Manage procurement and sourcing policies and activities, including overseeing specific contracts.
- Conduct market research, create estimates and forecasts, and identify cost reduction strategies.
- Hire, train, and manage the sourcing team.
- Negotiate with suppliers and vendors for contracts for timely supplies at fair prices and in compliance with regulations.
- Monitor contracts fulfillment to guarantee stable and reliable supply of goods to support company’s operations.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least five (5) years purchasing/strategic sourcing experience along with 3+ year’s of people managing experience.
- Experience with contract manufacturing vendors
- Industry background required
- Preference for some international sourcing experience
- Ability to manage projects and establish clear goals and accountabilities to ensure successful delivery (on time, within budget, meeting agreed upon success criteria)
- Knowledge of the legal terminology and language related to supplier and/or vendor agreements and contracts
- Advanced systems skills and working knowledge of MS Office, with advanced Excel knowledge
- Must have excellent presentation and communication skills
- Comprehensive health insurance package, including medical, dental, and vision
- Free lunch daily, catered by local restaurants
- Quarterly performance bonus
- Vacation and holiday time off
- Monthly Weee! Points credit
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.