Weee!, headquartered in Fremont, California, is the largest and fastest-growing(700% YoY growth) Asian e-grocer providing affordable access to hard-to-find and fresh Asian ingredients directly from the source. By partnering with local suppliers and leveraging proprietary demand forecasting technology, Weee! is reshaping the grocery supply chain entirely. Weee! has received $50M+ in funding to date from Goodwater Capital, iFly.vc, XVC, VMG, Lightspeed Ventures, Silicon Valley Bank, Amino Capital and Welight Capital. Weee! is currently available in the San Francisco Bay Area, Sacramento, Seattle, and Los Angeles and is gearing up for significant service expansion nationwide slated for the next 12 months.
About the role
This key role is responsible for product selection, vendor management, inventory management, pricing, food safety, sales planning, and merchandising for assigned categories (Fresh & Frozen food, Dairy, Dried Goods, Snacks, and Groceries)! It’s your job to oversee a team to effectively develop suites of products and determining competitive pricing and analyzing marketplace trends to identify new opportunities for the future and ensuring business plans are a “win-win” for our customers and Weee!
- Analyze data or insights to determine industry and consumer trends
- Devise long-term development strategies for product categories
- Foster trust and relationships with vendors to achieve better pricing and quality of services
- Place appropriate orders to ensure product availability that meets consumer demands
- Determine the positioning of a product category to maximize visibility
- Liaise with marketing teams to determine competitive pricing and promotional activities of a product category
- Make forecasts for product demand to ensure the sustainability of inventory
- Owns sales and gross profit margin. Drives sales and gross profit through the optimization of the product assortment in multiple categories
- 3+ years of proven experience in merchandise, forecasting and product selection - Seafood and Meat preferred
- Industry background required
- In addition, must have experience developing strong business relationships with vendors and industry leaders
- Have experience managing and creating new categories of business in an extremely competitive environment
- Have experience managing margin to meet category objectives
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Bilingual (English and Chinese)
- Comprehensive health insurance package, including medical, dental, and vision
- Free lunch daily, catered by local restaurants
- Quarterly performance bonus
- Vacation and holiday time off
- Monthly Weee! Points credit
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.