At Webflow, our mission is to bring development superpowers to everyone. Webflow is the leading visual development platform for building powerful websites without writing code. By combining modern web development technologies into one platform, Webflow enables people to build websites visually, saving engineering time, while clean code seamlessly generates in the background. From independent designers and creative agencies to Fortune 500 companies, millions worldwide use Webflow to be more nimble, creative, and collaborative. It’s the web, made better.
We’re looking for our first Sales Compensation Senior Manager to help us own, manage, design and evolve the sales compensation programs at Webflow. This role requires a deep understanding of sales incentive structures, performance metrics, and a keen analytical mindset to ensure that our sales teams are motivated, rewarded, and aligned with our business goals.
About the role
- Location: Remote-first or SF HQ (United States)
- Exempt status
- Our cash compensation amount for this role ranges from $141,000 - $194,000 for most US locations and $156,000 - $215,000 for US locations with a higher cost of labor. All figures cited above are in $USD and pertain to workers located in the United States. Pay is based on several factors including market location, and may vary depending on job related experience, knowledge, qualifications, and skills.
- Reporting to the Director of Corporate Finance
As a Sales Compensation Senior Manager, you’ll own, build and iterate the following areas of our Sales compensation program:
- Design and Development:
- Serve as a strategic partner to build, grow, and maintain effective sales compensation plans that drive performance, retention, and alignment with company goals.
- Take a lead conducting market research and analysis to stay current with industry best practices and ensure our compensation plans remain competitive and attractive to top sales talent.
- Develop and document comprehensive compensation policies, guidelines, documentation and procedures that ensure transparency and consistency across the sales organization.
- Commission Structure:
- Design, build and maintain the commission structure, considering factors such as sales roles, deal types, territories, and revenue recognition models.
- Develop commission tracking mechanisms to accurately calculate, process, and communicate commissions to the sales team in a timely manner, and course correct fast when needed.
- Analytics and Reporting:
- Build and own data-driven insights to assess the effectiveness of sales compensation plans and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Prepare regular and ad-hoc reports and dashboards to provide visibility into sales performance, compensation earnings, and trends for sales leadership and Webflow’s executive team.
- Communication and Training:
- Clearly communicate compensation plans, policies, and changes to the sales team, ensuring understanding and alignment with the company's goals.
- Conduct training sessions and workshops to educate sales representatives and other various teams at Webflow on compensation structures, calculations, and performance metrics.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration:
- Collaborate with Finance, Accounting and Payroll teams to ensure accurate and timely commission calculations, accruals, and financial reporting.
- Partner with Legal and People teams to ensure that compensation plans adhere to relevant laws and regulations.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Monitor the effectiveness of compensation plans and gather feedback from sales representatives and leaders, making necessary adjustments to optimize performance and motivation.
- Proactively identify areas for process improvement and automation to streamline compensation management workflows.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, at Webflow we will support you in identifying where your interests and development opportunities lie and we'll help you incorporate them into your role.
You’ll thrive as a Sales Compensation Senior Manager if you:
- Have extensive experience in sales compensation management, preferably in the SaaS or technology industry
- Possess advanced analytical skills, proficient in Excel and Google Sheets, with the ability to interpret data, trends, and metrics to make informed decisions
- Proficient in implementing and owning compensation management software and tools (we use CaptivateIQ)
- Able to work collaboratively and cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
- Have expert knowledge of sales performance metrics, incentive structures, and industry best practices
- Are familiar with relevant labor laws and regulations related to compensation
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Research shows that you may still be considered for a role if you meet just half of the requirements.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Obsess over customer experience. We deeply understand what we’re building and who we’re building for and serving. We define the leading edge of what’s possible in our industry and deliver the future for our customers.
- Move with heartfelt urgency. We have a healthy relationship with impatience, channeling it thoughtfully to show up better and faster for our customers and for each other. Time is the most limited thing we have, and we make the most of every moment.
- Say the hard thing with care. Our best work often comes from intelligent debate, critique, and even difficult conversations. We speak our minds and don’t sugarcoat things — and we do so with respect, maturity, and care.
- Make your mark. We seek out new and unique ways to create meaningful impact, and we champion the same from our colleagues. We work as a team to get the job done, and we go out of our way to celebrate and reward those going above and beyond for our customers and our teammates.
Benefits & wellness
- Equity ownership (RSUs) in a growing, privately-owned company
- 100% employer-paid healthcare, vision, and dental insurance coverage for employees and dependents (US; full-time Canadian workers working 30+ hours per week), as well as Health Savings Account/Health Reimbursement Account, dependent on insurance plan selection. Employees also have voluntary insurance options, such as life, disability, hospital protection, accident, and critical illness
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for both birthing and non-birthing caregivers, as well as an additional 6-8 weeks of pregnancy disability for birthing parents to be used before child bonding leave. Employees also have access to family planning care and reimbursement
- Flexible PTO with an mandatory annual minimum of 10 days paid time off, and sabbatical program
- Access to mental wellness coaching, therapy, and Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly stipends to support health and wellness, as well as smart work, and annual stipends to support professional growth
- Professional career coaching, internal learning & development programs
- 401k plan and financial wellness benefits, like CPA or financial advisor coverage
- Commuter benefits for in-office workers
Be you, with us
At Webflow, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Not ready to apply, but want to be part of the Webflow community? Consider following our story on our Webflow Blog, LinkedIn, Twitter, and/or Glassdoor.
To join Webflow, you'll need valid U.S. or Canadian work authorization depending on the country of employment.
If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.