Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers everyone to create incredible experiences for the web — without writing any code. The Core team is focused on transforming Webflow into foundational building blocks that will enable internal and 3rd party developers to extend and multiply Webflow’s value in a visual-first, scalable and secure way. We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us build a scalable infrastructure that will support this Platform initiative.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or remote (anywhere in the Western Hemisphere)
As a Senior Backend Software Engineer, you’ll
- Lead new feature work and refactoring efforts across our stack
- Design and implement scalable services in Node.js and AWS Lambda
- Write performant UI components (React) that delight users and amplify their abilities as creative problem solvers (check out CSS Grid, E-commerce, Interactions, and more!)
- Work on a highly technical platform that empowers hundreds of thousands of people, and serves millions of page views an hour
- Cross-collaborate with software engineers, product managers, designers and QA analysts in an autonomous, supportive team environment
- Create new APIs and rewrite old ones using REST, GraphQL, and Apollo
- Build and maintain unit and integration tests (Jest and Cypress)
- Mentor other engineers on best practice, design considerations, and quality
- Support others on your team in a technical capacity
- Receive support designed to help you grow as an impactful engineer and a healthy human being
You’ll thrive as a Senior Backend Software Engineer if you:
- Have contributed to building scalable, multi-tenant environments
- Previous experience in either Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Deep understanding of data design and modeling
- Built and worked on complex web applications
- A deep understanding of design patterns — and an even better knowledge of when to apply them
- Very comfortable behind a Linux terminal
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role's requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move uncomfortably fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Senior Backend Software Engineer and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application!