Warby Parker is searching for a top-notch Quality Manager to manage our daily quality-control operations and partners, as well as work to improve the overall quality of our products. This person, who will report to our Director of Rx Manufacturing & Fulfillment, will play a critical role in our supply chain team and will also manage our Quality Assurance Optician. The ideal candidate will have a manufacturing background with experience in quality management systems and/or continuous improvement efforts.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a subject-matter expert for internal and external partners
- Oversee key production milestones and work with supervisors on corrective action plans if those milestones are missed
- Measure key metrics against our internal quality standards, develop scorecards, and implement continuous improvement efforts focused on quality
- Work with our research team to create production process solutions that fail-proof our operations
- Work with the supply chain team to ensure on-time deliveries do not occur at the cost of quality, and also that quality does not hinder on-time deliveries
- Train, coach, and develop three direct reports and teach proper quality control to all necessary coworkers at Warby Parker
Who you are:
- Equipped with 4–5 years of experience in quality management, supply chain, or manufacturing
- Knowledgeable of technical drawings and/or quality standards
- Skilled in Excel
- Comfortable at both strategic and tactical levels
- A team player and self-starter (no hand-holding necessary!)
- Able to collaborate well across different job functions and teams
- Excited to work at a fast-paced, high-growth startup with a no-task-is-too-small attitude
- Extremely organized and attentive to detail (almost—almost!—to a fault)
- Armed with excellent record keeping and documentation skills
Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in house, we’re able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lenses—a fraction of the going price!).
In the last seven years, we’ve grown to over 50 retail locations in the U.S. and Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, and launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, Fast Company has named us one of the world’s most innovative companies.
We’re also a certified B Corporation, so we’re held to the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating carbon-neutrally and distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair we sell. (We’re big believers that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world.)
Of course, all work and no play makes an extremely dull office, and no one likes an extremely dull office. (We sure don’t.) As an employee at Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and other brain- (and/or taste-bud-) stimulating activities. It also doesn’t hurt that our team is just great company.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)