Warby Parker is looking for an seasoned Security Engineer with a passion to protect our customer’s data. If you’re thirsty for knowledge and looking to work on a small, collaborative tech team, then you’ve come to the right place. Sound like your jam? Read on.
What you’ll do:
- Application security: look at our e-commerce, point of sale, and ERP systems to find and fix vulnerabilities
- Security engineering: IDS, IPS, DLP, audit tools, logs, vulnerability management tooling, WAF, access control, and more (plus: you’ll deploy, maintain, and perfect similar systems)
- Security ops: respond to and investigate any security incidents
- Cloud security: make sure our AWS infrastructure is well secured
- Pen testing: conduct penetration tests against pieces of our critical infrastructure and applications, and help guide and remediate findings from external pen testers
Who you are:
- Equipped with 3–5 years (or more) of experience in technology and security teams
- Passionate about attacking *and* defending systems
- Curious about technology, with a deep understanding of TCP/IP (and relevant protocols used on the Internet), DNS, Linux, GPG, symmetric, and asymmetric encryption
- Experience with BASH and Python (system and application)
- Experience with databases, specifically PostgreSQL
- Experience with AWS and their security infrastructure
- Computer science or equivalent engineering degree preferred
Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in house, we’re able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lenses—a fraction of the going price!).
In the last seven years, we’ve grown to over 50 retail locations in the U.S. and Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, and launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, Fast Company has named us one of the world’s most innovative companies.
We’re also a certified B Corporation, so we’re held to the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating carbon-neutrally and distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair we sell. (We’re big believers that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world.)
Of course, all work and no play makes an extremely dull office, and no one likes an extremely dull office. (We sure don’t.) As an employee at Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and other brain- (and/or taste-bud-) stimulating activities. It also doesn’t hurt that our team is just great company.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)