Warby Parker is on the lookout for a Junior Software Engineer to join our 60+ person, on-site Engineering team and help build the next great lifestyle brand. So, if you’re thirsty for knowledge and looking to work on a small, collaborative team, then you’ve come to the right place. Sound good? Take a peek below!
What you'll do:
- Build and improve software systems for a fast-growing, disruptive e-commerce company
- Collaborate in one of our agile teams, learning anything necessary to deliver exceptional technology
- Participate in code reviews and help maintain high standards of code quality
- Deliver limited-defect products through ubiquitous test automation
Who you are:
- An engineer with 1-2 years of professional programming experience
- An admirer of beautiful code (and you have the desire to work on small, collaborative teams with people who share the same love)
- A quick learner and problem solver
- Equipped with impressive programming and web application development skills
- An aptitude and inclination for learning new domains quickly
- An excellent verbal and written communicator
- A curious type with an insatiable hunger for knowledge and skill sharing
- Experience working in Python
- Experience in eCommerce
- Contribution to Open Source projects
- DevOps practices and principle
- Data Modeling/SQL
- Experience working with or for nonprofits
Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in house, we’re able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lenses—a fraction of the going price!).
In the last seven years, we’ve grown to over 50 retail locations in the U.S. and Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, and launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, Fast Company has named us one of the world’s most innovative companies.
We’re also a certified B Corporation, so we’re held to the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating carbon-neutrally and distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair we sell. (We’re big believers that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world.)
Of course, all work and no play makes an extremely dull office, and no one likes an extremely dull office. (We sure don’t.) As an employee at Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and other brain- (and/or taste-bud-) stimulating activities. It also doesn’t hurt that our team is just great company.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)