Liaison between Real Estate, Construction, Store Design, Facilities Maintenance, Store Operations, IT and Marketing in support of new store openings. Supports construction director and project managers by maintaining functional reporting systems and communication.
What you’ll do:
- Works with the Store Development team assist in the execution of the store opening process
- Serves as Construction liaison between internal business partners
- Enters project data and uploads data files into the central project management database as needed during the store opening process
- Facilitates all phases of the store turnover process including all turnover conference calls, turnover packages, etc.
- Issues construction kick off, project award and turnover notices
- Acts as a designated system Champion for the construction team in the Expesite software system. (Provides support, training and system maintenance as needed)
- Issues and tracks GC Work authorizations and follows up to ensure weekly project photos and status updates are uploaded into the project management system
- Works with PMs to follow up on punch list items and ensure timely completion
- Maintains communication with business partners regarding progress
- Manage all store warranty issues one year post-opening
- Assists construction purchasing with RFPs
- Assists construction team with answering RFIs and following up on misc. Project items
- Maintains and renews contact lists of consultants, superintendents and external business partners
- Maintains all master documents for the Development team
- Supports finance and project managers on project reconciliation and closeout process
- Maintains and issues weekly construction calendars and reports
- Conduct miscellaneous administrative tasks including but not limited to copies, note taking, distribution of notes and fielding of calls and questions
Who you are:
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings
- Familiarity with construction terminology and methods
- Computer literate with the ability to quickly learn and master software applications
- Experience with Expesite a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Keyboarding/Typing skills 60+wpm
- Skilled at working with Excel, Word, PowerPoint applications
- Skilled at multi-tasking in a fast paced environment
About Warby Parker:
Warby Parker is a transformative lifestyle brand with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By engaging directly with consumers, we’re able to offer ultra-high-quality, vintage-inspired frames for $95 including prescription lenses and shipping. We focus on the bigger picture, too: social innovation is woven into the DNA of our company, and for every pair of glasses purchased, a pair is distributed to someone in need.
Because all work and no play makes a dull office, we fill our days with snacks, surprises, pneumatic tubes, and, when appropriate, costumes. As a team member at Warby Parker, you can also look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and brain-stimulating activities.
In 2015, Fast Company named us the #1 Most Innovative Company. We’re also a certified B Corporation, which means that we are held to the highest standards of social and environmental performance.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Parental leave policy
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
- Free eyewear (discounts for friends and family!)
- Health & wellness stipend
- Quarterly team outings