Hybrid In-Office (NYC)
Warby Parker is on the lookout for a Senior Director of Supply Chain and Logistics on our Operations Team to help us design and implement strategy for all logistics activities, including warehousing, transportation, and order fulfillment of our products. Among other responsibilities, you may be tasked with building and maintaining relationships with 3PL partners, developing a core carrier program across all modes of transportation, overseeing our trade compliance activities, and measuring the effectiveness of relevant supply chain and logistics partners. Your goal? Optimize Warby Parker’s supply chain operations for maximum efficiency and scalability.
Our ideal candidate will have experience owning supply chain initiatives and bring a working knowledge of distribution and fulfillment operations, domestic and international transportation processes across various modes, inventory control, and customs/FDA compliance.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the strategies and key objectives of logistics, warehousing, shipping, and trade compliance across the business
- Manage the high-level strategy and partnerships with existing and future external partners, including transportation, 3PL/warehousing, and contacts distribution partners to provide timely order fulfillment, delivery, receiving, and reverse logistics services
- Oversee the team who manages the day-to-day activities of systems, as well as optimization projects across inventory control, transportation and trade compliance, and distribution and fulfillment
- Deploy a standardized and optimized inbound and outbound logistics network with the goal of minimizing total system cost and maximizing profitability, while delivering superior customer service
- Continuously refine long term strategy of business decisions to drive changes and improvements in unit costs, performance metrics, and key performance indicators across the entire supply chain
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) for all supply chain operations on a day-to-day basis, ensuring that our strategy and operations are set so that all shipments meet or exceed lead time and cost expectations
- Identify providers who can meet new needs and/or deliver cost compression or lead time reductions and design and oversee the strategy of new carrier onboarding
- Collaborate with cross functional stakeholders to resolve data discrepancies, report needs and Supply Chain KPIs, develop required SOPs, and take on any other initiative that prevents and solves for operational issues, implementing solutions as needed
Who you are:
- Armed with a minimum 10–12 years of experience managing supply chain organizations with either in-house or 3rd party distribution operations, all modes of transportation, and supporting vendors, with a particular skill for leading RFPs and negotiations
- Equipped with a bachelor’s degree in business administration, logistics, supply chain management, or a related field
- Well-versed in supply chain processes, both domestic and international, as well as end-to-end vendor management
- Backed by a solid understanding of imports and transportation across all modes, plus a working knowledge of trade preference programs, commercial terms, INCOterms, and cost drivers within each mode
- Someone with extensive knowledge on warehouse management systems (WMS)—extra credit for those with experience in standalone systems, ERP modules or cloud-based
- A strong task juggler that has no problem staying calm under pressure
- An analytical thinker with borderline neurotic attention to detail
- A resourceful self-starter with a “can-do” attitude
- Collaborative, emotionally intelligent, and relentlessly positive
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
Some benefits of working at Warby Parker for full-time employees:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Short-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Bereavement Support
- Optical Education Reimbursement
- Free eyewear
- And more (just ask!)
The salary range for the Senior Director, Supply Chain & Logistics role in New York City is $175,000 - $200,000. Warby Parker, in good faith, believes that the posted salary range is accurate for this role in New York City at the time of posting. Warby Parker may pay more or less than the posted range based on factors such as relevant experience and skills, qualifications and location, among others. This range may be modified in the future. In addition to base salary, this role is also eligible to receive a cash bonus and an equity bonus as part of the total compensation package. Details and eligibility will be discussed during the application process.
Warby Parker requires all newly hired in-person or hybrid employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. Warby Parker is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation, as necessary with federal, state, or local law, to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated.
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over ten million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means ten million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.