Job Status: Part-Time
Warby Parker is looking for a high-energy, innovative, and caring Optometrist to join one of their Independent OD practices. The ideal candidate has a passion for delivering remarkable eye care in a collaborative environment, is a team player at heart who strives to exceed patient expectations, and has a great attitude. Sound like you? Keep reading!
What you’ll do:
- Perform excellent comprehensive eye exams in accordance with the company’s protocol and standards of care
- Provide a great eye exam experience and communicate eye health, eyewear, and prescription advice to patients
- Demonstrate exceptional product knowledge and effectively communicate features and benefits to patients
- Act as a representative for our brand and help educate and excite others to establish us as a leading eye care provider
Who you are:
- A Doctor of Optometry licensed in this state (new and recent grads are also welcome to apply)
- Excited by a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment
- Dedicated to making people healthy and happy
- Knowledgeable about (and eager to incorporate) new technology into your work
- Innovative, proactive, and entrepreneurial
- Business-minded and driven to deliver results
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
What you’ll love about us:
- Competitive pay rate
- 401k match
- Malpractice insurance
- Professional and personal development
- Up to date exam equipment technology with digital lanes and EMR
- Free glasses and additional discounts on glasses and contacts
- And more!
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.