Warby Parker is on the lookout for a motivated Brand Communications Specialist to support our evolving media relations strategies and storytelling efforts. In this role, you’ll dream up ways to introduce, enhance, and elevate the Warby Parker brand across multiple audiences. Collaborating within our in-house Communications team and with Warby Parker’s agency partners, you’ll craft thoughtful, compelling stories about our vision care offerings, retail store openings, brand-defining moments, and more (lots more!). We’ll also count on you to contribute to integrated launch plans, brainstorm and pitch story ideas, and collaborate on events and projects.
Acting as an expert on team processes and deliverables, you’ll play a critical role in maintaining a stable, efficient, and inspired foundation for our Communications team. Fielding and responding to daily urgent inquiries from inside and outside of our organization, you’ll set our whole team up for success. Sounding good so far? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with our Communications Managers to craft stories across multiple topics—creating briefs, drafting messaging points, and producing assets for relevant external-facing Communications initiatives (most often related to our retail stores, in-house lab network, corporate offices, and team)
- Work with retail partners across the country to coordinate local events and media opportunities in both new and existing markets
- Vet and coordinate speaking engagements for WP employees (including the executive team) who are acting on behalf of the brand
- Liaise between Warby Parker’s Social Media, Communications, and Executive Operations teams to support social media efforts
- Field daily inquiries from Warby Parker’s PR agency and capitalize on urgent press opportunities
- Together with the Communications team, compile quarterly PR reports to regularly present analyses and draw out key lessons and insights for the team
- Maintain and improve our team’s internal processes and asset management systems
- Stay in close contact with other team members across our Retail, Vision Services, and Customer Experience teams
Who you are:
- Backed by 3+ years of experience working in communications
- A Warby Parker superfan who’s eager to act as a brand ambassador
- A natural, comfortable relationship builder
- Able to work collaboratively and develop consensus across groups and teams
- Exceptionally organized with extreme attention to detail (your planning and prioritization skills don’t falter in a fast-paced work environment)
- An excellent communicator—in person, over email, via smoke signal!
- Proficient with PowerPoint, Excel, and G Suite
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience with Jira
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.