At Warby Parker, we’ve proven that businesses can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. Now, we’re searching for a motivated Business Analyst to join our Data Science team and help take this mission to the next level.
The Data Science team works with nearly every department to use data, statistics, and machine learning to delight customers, plan better, and accomplish goals. You will be critical to helping this team be even more proactive and strategic with your unparalleled view into every sector of our business. This is a highly visible role, focused on building relationships with stakeholders and understanding their goals, challenges, and roadmaps. You will ensure we can spot collaboration ideas, prioritize with savvy, and invest time in long-term projects that align with the trajectory of the business. Up for the task? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Build relationships with stakeholders to identify areas of collaboration and keep the team up to date on their plans, goals, and constraints
- Gather requirements and write clear, accurate business cases to help our team leads prioritize effectively
- Track and facilitate conversations with stakeholders to gather their input and keep them informed of project progress and decisions
- Be the voice of the stakeholder, ensuring that our day-to-day decisions are aligned with the broader perspective and overall success criteria
- Document and share the team’s work with the company
Who you are:
- Backed by 3+ years of experience in software and/or consulting
- Comfortable contributing to a variety of business domains
- A fast learner who can easily understand the metrics, constraints, and objectives of each of our partners
- Equipped with strong analytical reasoning skills and experience analyzing scenarios quantitatively
- An empathetic team player who's driven to help others
- Organized, attentive to detail, and able to proactively track details and timelines across multiple projects
- A well-rounded communicator who can explain complex topics clearly and compellingly, in person and in writing
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Experience making thoughtful decisions in ambiguous and cross-functional situations
- Experience working with data analysts, quantitative researchers, or data scientists
- Experience with e-commerce and/or retail businesses
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- Free eyewear, plus discounts for friends and family
- And more—just ask!
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.