Warby Parker is on the lookout for a Senior Analyst, Manufacturing to join our optical lab team in Sloatsburg, NY. The ideal person will use data analytics to answer key questions and prioritize decisions for the facility and overall business. You'll also be responsible for defining, enforcing, and promoting policies, tools, and programs to ensure safe (and we mean safe) business and operational activities. The right candidate will excel in this role if they're collaborative, organized, and eager to lend a hand to support a variety of projects. Sound like your cup of tea? (Coffee? Yerba mate?) Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Work closely and proactively with Manufacturing Operations stakeholders to identify and address priority business questions
- Own reporting and the development of subsequent action plans for the entire manufacturing facility, while conducting regular status meetings with lab and HQ stakeholders
- Review and improve key facility metrics and employee activities related to production breakage, labor efficiency, attendance, EHS, and more
- Assist with establishing innovative core analytical and data science capabilities, standards, processes, and methodologies to assess team workflow, yields, manpower requirements, production restraints, and quality issues
- Plan and schedule staffing requirements needed to meet specific quality standards and production objectives in all areas
- Maintain a safe working environment by creating and overseeing a comprehensive health and safety program for the facility, ensuring we’re meeting all local, state, and federal OSHA requirements
- Improve and streamline existing as well as develop new health and safety programs and processes
- Communicate best practices that promote a strong culture of collaboration, engagement, and safety
- Partner with HQ Supply Chain and Loss Prevention teams to roll out new initiatives and projects
Who you are:
- Backed by 3–5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Passionate about data analysis, data science, statistics, or related fields (you enjoy digging into the data weeds and conducting root cause analysis)
- A positive team leader and exceptional team player who can quickly build respect across stakeholder groups
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively with internal and external partners
- A strong communicator who skillfully facilitates productive meetings with partners
- Highly organized (you build out processes and tools needed to get stuff done and keep things on track)
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- OSHA certification
- Previous experience working on regulated products and/or in a large optical lab
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Knowledge of ANSI standards
- Experience with made-to-assemble production
- Knowledge of and experience with CNC machining
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.