Warby Parker is on the hunt for a data-driven, experienced team leader to lead the way for our in-house optical manufacturing facility, located in Sloatsburg, NY, This role will be responsible for running the production operations, as well as the continuous growth and improvement of the facility in a sustainable and safe way. This person will be tasked with leading a world-class team of core management and production associates, and overseeing day-to-day lab operations in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment. If you take your work seriously (but not yourself!), you may be just the person we’re looking for.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee the optical lab operations, adherence to service levels, and hiring and development of staff (including the management of 100+ individuals)
- Liaise between Warby Parker HQ and lab facility, consulting on operating procedures, product quality, and the introduction of new products in the market (to name a few!)
- Motivate employees to achieve and exceed financial and production targets
- Ensure equipment is properly maintained and achieving target efficiencies
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders and manage both bandwidth of personal responsibilities and team's roles
Who you are:
- Has 10+ years of hands-on facility operations management in a made-to-assemble production environment
- Experienced with managing production budgets and/or facility P&L reports
- A naturally resourceful people manager, specifically with background leading a large team of manufacturing associates
- A positive team leader (and exceptional team player!) who can quickly build respect within their team and across stakeholder groups
- Equipped with strong communication skills with the ability to inspire and motivate the team to improve everyday.
- Understanding of the technical, regulatory, commercial, operational, and logistics implications of managing day-to-day service providers
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Project management prowess, having led high-visibility projects from start to finish with measurable results, clearly communicating with stakeholders along the way
- Significant experience managing an optical lab manufacturing operation including finishing and surfacing
- Proud owner of a Lean Six Sigma Certification
Our ability to offer glasses, contacts, eye exams, and other vision services is critical to everyday life, and throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve been committed to providing a safe working and shopping experience for our employees and customers. Learn more about how we are prioritizing the health of our team members.
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.