Senior Manager, Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
Warby Parker is searching for a Senior Manager of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity to support us in our mission of continually seeking to understand and address the experiences, perspectives, and feedback of all Warby Parker employees. In this role, you’ll work with leaders across the organization to make sure we’re practicing humility and questioning our biases in order to build a workplace based on inclusive behaviors, where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work. Our ideal candidate is someone who’s ready to contribute at both a nitty-gritty, hands-on level and on a strategic level, deploying best-in-class Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity strategies while cultivating Warby Parker’s culture as we grow. Sound like your cup of tea (or coffee)? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Scale Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity programs across the entire employee lifecycle, focused on Recruiting & Hiring, Training & Development, and Employee Engagement & Belonging
- Lead employee-facing workstreams and initiatives to support our Racial Equity Strategy
- Identify and partner with external experts and organizations to maximize the impact of our IE&D work across the organization, while also partnering with your colleagues on the People team and managing at least one direct report
- Support the scaling of our comprehensive inclusion training program to make sure that all employees and managers are equipped with the skills and tools they need to foster and uphold an inclusive workplace
- Support the scaling of equitable internal mobility and performance management processes, in order to ensure that all Warby Parker employees have the opportunity to learn and grow—and, in partnership with our Talent Development team, build and implement innovative BIPOC professional development programs in leadership & technology
- Oversee our Employee Resource Group strategy and programs to drive engagement, belonging, and impact across these groups, while making sure that employees all across the organization can access them
- Develop our IE&D metrics and reporting strategy to measure the progress we’re making toward our goals, while identifying opportunities for improvement
Who you are:
- Backed by 7+ years of experience in Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity or Talent Management with at least 2 years of experience managing others
- An entrepreneurial spirit who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- A calm and confident leader who knows how to navigate complexity and uncertainty
- A clear, kind, and effective communicator (in person, on screen, you name it)
- An expert multi-tasker and project manager who can stay on top of multiple priorities at once
- A natural team player who can collaborate with managers, partners, and reports, either on site or remotely
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Experience working with retail store teams
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.