Accounting Manager New York City, NY
Warby Parker is looking for an experienced Accounting Manager to assist the Accounting team in managing product margin, including revenue, inventory and the associated cost of goods sold, owning close tasks, supporting financial audits, and managing a team of Senior and Staff Accountants. Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated and ambitious individual with an eye for detail, experience working in a fast paced environment, and previous management experience. Sound a lot like you? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Manage and review product margin activities during the month-end close. This includes calculating inventory reserves, overseeing the preparation of the monthly roll forwards and reviewing product margin journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and maintaining a pulse on COGS and gross margin.
- Oversee daily product margin operations end to end
- Lead all aspects of the inventory accounting process and partner with Supply Chain and Inventory Control teams on tech and process improvements as well as new control development around the inventory lifecycle
- Strategically implement control procedures and process efficiencies to streamline product margin data and financial accuracy
- Assist with quarterly and annual financial audits
- Conduct physical inventory counts in partnership with the Inventory Control team
- Lead, motivate and manage a team of senior and staff accountants
Who you are:
- Backed by 5+ years of inventory accounting experience
- An experienced manager of a growing team
- The proud owner of a Bachelor of Science in accounting or finance
- A total Excel expert (keyboard shortcuts are your love language)
- Super serious about your work (without taking yourself too seriously)
- A highly collaborative and communicative team player and self-starter willing to roll up your sleeves and get the job done
- Positive, kind, and excited by a challenge
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Proud holder of a CPA
- NetSuite experience
- Looker experience
- Knowledge of Google Suite Applications
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.