Senior Human Resources Business Partner, Retail
Remote East Coast
Warby Parker is searching for a seasoned Human Resources Business Partner to support our growing retail fleet and serve as the main liaison between the People team and Retail leadership. In this role, you’ll directly support our East Region retail locations while managing a direct report who oversees the West. You’ll impact the implementation of a host of programs aligned with our business objectives and core values. Our ideal candidate is someone who’s ready to contribute at both a hands-on and strategic level to deploy best-in-class people practices and cultivate Warby Parker’s culture as we grow. Sound like your cup of tea (or coffee, or yerba mate)? Read on!
What You’ll Do:
- Provide strategic guidance to the SVP of Stores—as well as Regional Directors and District, Area, and Store Leaders—so we can achieve our goals and cultivate a productive, innovative, and inclusive work environment
- Collaborate within the People Team to deploy HR programs and initiatives that support the employee lifecycle for our Retail field teams; partner with our Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Total Rewards, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, and People Operations teams
- Directly support our East Coast Retail teams by using foresight and compassion to coach employees and managers, offering feedback and advice while adhering to our core values
- Directly manage an HRBP who supports our West Coast Retail Teams and serve as an escalation point
- Anticipate and proactively manage areas of change to mitigate risk and avoid escalation
- Assess team, employee, and manager development needs to make recommendations and implement appropriate solutions; analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the People Operations team to develop solutions, programs, and policies
- Direct our approaches to organizational design so we leverage staffing and talent needs and drive succession planning
- Serve as a subject matter expert for employee-related questions related to time and attendance, leaves of absence, workers’ compensation, disciplinary actions, terminations, and more
- Investigate workplace issues and promote positive employee relations in partnership with the Legal teams as needed/required
Who you are:
- Backed by 7+ years of HR experience, including at least 2 years in the retail industry
- An entrepreneurial spirit who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- A calm and confident leader, even while managing through ambiguity
- A clear, efficient communicator
- A natural team player who can effectively work with managers and partners, either on-site or remote
- Able—and excited!—to travel at least 30% of the time to various retail locations and off-site meetings
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We accomplish this by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We’ve proven that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy and innovation to consistently surpass customer expectations.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- Free eyewear, plus discounts for friends and family
- And more—just ask!