Warby Parker is on the lookout for a driven Junior Support Engineer to join our Technology Services team. Our proactive team is all about identifying the root cause of Help Desk requests and implementing solutions that are easy for people throughout the company to implement themselves—and we’ve seen great success. As Warby Parker has grown, our incoming ticket count has decreased year over year. If you’ve got the technological know-how to help us keep things rolling, read on!
What you’ll do:
- Answer, resolve, or escalate all requests that appear in our Retail and Corporate Help Desk ticket queue
- Take on non-ticket related tasks, such as new-hire account provisioning and hardware preparation and collection
- Reduce incoming ticket volume by collaborating on a variety of projects to resolve issues quickly and effectively (e.g., stocking our self-service hardware shelf, writing how-to articles)
- Participate in a seven-day on-call rotation for after-hours support
Who you are:
- Backed by 1+ year of Help Desk support experience, preferably in a large enterprise environment with many remote users
- Capable of supporting and troubleshooting iOS, macOS, Chrome OS, and Windows devices
- Familiar with basic network protocols and troubleshooting
- An excellent communicator who’s confident providing remote assistance over the phone, via chat, or through tickets
- Familiar with the latest troubleshooting techniques, as well as A/V fundamentals
- A proactive, resilient problem solver and multitasker
- Passionate about technology
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Familiarity with Jamf Pro
- Experience managing G Suite Enterprise
- A working knowledge of Active Directory
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We accomplish this by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We’ve proven that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy and innovation to consistently surpass customer expectations.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- Free eyewear, plus discounts for friends and family
- And more—just ask!