Warby Parker is on the lookout for a Video Content Coordinator to help us create top-notch footage, both short- and long-form, for the brand. In this role, you will collaborate with teams across the organization to create and edit videos for social media, marketing materials, and internal communications. You will be a part of the video production process from conceptualization to final edits. Our ideal candidate is creative, possesses a strong awareness of cultural trends, and is deeply knowledgeable about what goes into creating outstanding video content. Do you have a genuine passion for videography and the intersection of fashion, technology, and social innovation? Cool! Read on.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in the production of social media video content, including shooting and editing
- Conceptualize and pitch social media video ideas
- Support the Video Content Creative Manager in the editing and optimization of our video content across all channels
- Help turn video performance metrics into actionable learnings for the Social Media team and larger Brand Management team
- Monitor and research industry developments, creative trends, and culturally relevant moments in the social media video space
Who you are:
- Backed by 1-2+ years in video editing, shooting on DSLR, and production
- Proficient in video editing tools (preferably Adobe Premiere) and techniques for repurposing existing footage into new assets
- Someone with an eye for detail and a familiarity with the Warby Parker brand aesthetic
- Understanding of the filmmaking process, from pre-production (location scouting, casting, and storyboarding) to production (DSLR workflow, lighting, and audio) to post-production (Basic After Effects is a plus)
- Knowledgeable about social media video specs, ratios, and formats
- Social-media-savvy (with proficiency across Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram) and excited to explore new platforms
Warby Parker was founded with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in-house, we’re able to offer top-quality glasses and sunglasses (plus an uncommonly delightful shopping experience) at a fraction of the traditional going price.
Since starting out in 2010, we’ve set up headquarters in New York City and Nashville, built our own optical lab, and opened retail locations all around the U.S. and Canada. As we grow, we’re committed to proving that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world. For every pair of glasses we sell, a pair is distributed to someone in need—to date, that’s over five million pairs.
Of course, all work and no play makes a dull workplace. Who likes that? At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community keeps us excited to walk through the door every day. Good work, good people.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)