Warby Parker is on the lookout for a sharp-as-a-tack, forward-thinking Business Manager to own the day-to-day of our contacts and lens offerings. Reporting to the Director of Merchandising, you’ll oversee weekly sales figures and analytics on our in-house contacts brand, Scout, and third-party contacts we offer. You will serve as a key liaison between business stakeholders to improve customer flow, streamline operations, and scale the business. We’ll also count on you to own the optical and sun lens portfolio, setting the strategy for and operationalizing new lens launches. This is a highly collaborative role for someone who is resourceful and excited to manage and scale Warby Parker’s newest business. Sound a lot like you? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Analyze and report on weekly contacts performance
- Own the strategy, portfolio, and pricing of our optical and sun lens offerings
- Determine long-term strategy and demand around product offerings, pricing, and services
- Work across departments to gain insights into our customer journey and purchase behavior as the business evolves
- Partner with our Digital Product and Experience Design teams to understand key e-commerce KPIs and react to in-season business needs
- Collaborate with Brand Management to set the customer facing messaging around all of our contacts and lens offerings
- Research new trends within the contacts and lens market to launch new lenses with the Product Development, Planning, Supply Chain, and Technology teams
Who you are:
- Backed by 4+ years of experience in a highly analytic and strategic role in retail or consumer products (e.g., management consulting, corporate strategy, inventory management)
- A detail-oriented, operationally minded thinker who understands product life cycle and customer behavior
- Intellectually curious and eager to learn
- Proactive and comfortable working through uncertainty
- A crystal-clear communicator, both in writing and in person, who’s experienced in translating data into strategic recommendations
- Comfortable leading cross-functional teams and providing project management support
- Able to develop frameworks and analysis to support complex, strategic problem solving
Warby Parker was founded with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in-house, we’re able to offer top-quality glasses and sunglasses (plus an uncommonly delightful shopping experience) at a fraction of the traditional going price.
Since starting out in 2010, we’ve set up headquarters in New York City and Nashville, built our own optical lab, and opened retail locations all around the U.S. and Canada. As we grow, we’re committed to proving that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world. For every pair of glasses we sell, a pair is distributed to someone in need—to date, that’s over five million pairs.
Of course, all work and no play makes a dull workplace. Who likes that? At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community keeps us excited to walk through the door every day. Good work, good people.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)