Does the idea of bringing stores to life around the country (and Canada!) send your heart racing? Are you a super-organized retail expert with a passion for design? If you answered a resounding “yes” to both questions, we may have the job for you. Warby Parker is on the lookout for a motivated Associate Store Design Project Manager to oversee the design process for each of our retail locations—from initial concepting to grand opening. In this position, you’ll ensure we stay true to our design aesthetics while also seeing that ideas are finalized, permits are obtained, and construction is completed in a timely fashion. Sound right up your alley? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Manage the schematic design process for Warby Parker retail locations and prepare presentation materials for regular internal design review meetings
- Partner and coordinate design activities with architects, engineers, renderers, suppliers, millwork vendors, and internal stakeholders
- Oversee all phases of design development, making sure that stakeholders are provided the information needed to complete construction drawings on time
- Review, redline, and approve all construction documents to ensure all storefront, millwork, and signage drawings reflect our design intent
- Collaborate cross-functionally with partners on our Construction, Retail Operations, Brand, Product Strategy, and Vision Services teams to resolve programming needs according to our budgets and project schedules
- Identify and escalate issues that can adversely impact project schedules, costs, or design integrity
- Maintain current, accurate records—including drawings, approvals, and other communication—for all of your assigned projects
- Participate in the collaborative design of new store concepts
Who you are:
- Backed by 2–4 years of professional experience in a similar role for retail
- Equipped with a degree in architecture or interior design
- Highly deft and dexterous in AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite
- A self-starter who is able to work independently and on tight timelines—and has the track record to prove it!
- An organizational powerhouse who can prioritize work (for yourself and others) and juggle responsibilities
- An eloquent communicator (in person, over email, via smoke signal!) who's able to convey complex issues succinctly and with the appropriate priority
- Proactive and hard working, with a no-task-too-small attitude
- A natural collaborator who's excited to work in a team environment
- Proficiency in G Suite
Warby Parker was founded with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in-house, we’re able to offer top-quality glasses and sunglasses (plus an uncommonly delightful shopping experience) at a fraction of the traditional going price.
Since starting out in 2010, we’ve set up headquarters in New York City and Nashville, built our own optical lab, and opened retail locations all around the U.S. and Canada. As we grow, we’re committed to proving that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world. For every pair of glasses we sell, a pair is distributed to someone in need—to date, that’s over five million pairs.
Of course, all work and no play makes a dull workplace. Who likes that? At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community keeps us excited to walk through the door every day. Good work, good people.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)