Here at Warby Parker, we’re obsessed with providing our customers with an extraordinary shopping, ownership, and customer service experience. As an Associate Manager, you’ll be instrumental in flipping the script when it comes to the traditional customer service philosophy.
Located in our growing Nashville office, you will shape the future of the team by setting and communicating priorities and expectations. You’ll report to a Manager of Customer Experience in Nashville and will manage projects that allow our team to consistently exceed customer’s expectations. In addition, you will collaborate with our Talent team to create an engaging work environment for our expanding team.
What you'll do:
- Manage a team of Customer Experience Leads and develop them into successful managers
- Regularly monitor phone, email, live chat, and SMS volume to ensure our Customer Experience team is delivering exceptional customer experiences and meeting service levels
- Act as subject matter expert for escalated and sensitive customer interactions to support your Team Lead
- Analyze the success of your direct reports and hold team members accountable through facilitated discussions—this includes Team Leads and Advisors.
- Work with fellow Associate Managers to help monitor the day to day performance
- Facilitate discussions about updates related to systems and processes during check-ins and huddles
- Review feedback provided by team members and work with stakeholders to take action in order to ensure that our systems, policies, procedures and work environment are scalable and allow people to grow and thrive.
- Take part in the recruiting and onboarding process by interviewing, sourcing and mentoring our new hires
- Work with business partners on talent to ensure team members are abiding by all written policy
- Be the role model for treating others the way they’d like to be treated
Who you are:
- Equipped with 2-3 years management experience in a fast-paced, high growth organization
- An effective manager with the desire to cultivate leadership and high performance within the team you lead
- A data-driven decision maker who blends sound business judgement with strong analytical thinking
- An excellent communicator who is able to clearly convey a team vision and motivate individuals and teams to take action
- Experience leading projects and collaborating with others to achieve goals
- Understanding of the latest customer service technologies and systems
Warby Parker was founded with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in-house, we’re able to offer top-quality glasses and sunglasses (plus an uncommonly delightful shopping experience) at a fraction of the traditional going price.
Since starting out in 2010, we’ve set up headquarters in New York City and Nashville, built our own optical lab, and opened retail locations all around the U.S. and Canada. As we grow, we’re committed to proving that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world. For every pair of glasses we sell, a pair is distributed to someone in need.
Of course, all work and no play makes a dull workplace, and no one likes a dull workplace. As an employee at Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, volunteering opportunities, and other brain- (or taste-bud-) stimulating diversions. It also doesn’t hurt that our team is just great company.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear, plus discounts for friends and family
- And more—just ask!