VSA’s purpose is to design for a better human experience. As a strategy and design agency, we blend consumer insights and data with human-centered design to activate meaningful, motivating and measurable experiences in an increasingly noisy world. With offices in Chicago, New York and San Francisco, VSA offers a full range of fully integrated capabilities—branding, advertising, data science and technology—all under one roof. VSA is also a proud member of Meet The People, an international family of unified and independent agencies. For more than 40 years, we have delivered solutions for business and creative leaders at some of the world’s most respected brands and forward-thinking organizations, including Google, Nike and IBM.
VSA’s Operations team leads all of the internal operating functions of VSA including: Administration, Human Resources, IT, Legal, Talent Acquisition, Resourcing and Project Management. We focus on people, processes, tools and systems with the end goal of making VSA an ideal place to work and perform. The diverse members of the Operations Team are at the top of their individual fields and use their expertise to drive culture, performance and efficiency at VSA.
We are looking for a dynamic, upbeat, and enthusiastic Office Coordinator, who can move between being front-facing and behind-the-scenes with ease, who is eager to jump into any challenge, and who wants to provide the highest quality experience for our team and guests with their approachability and responsiveness. They will make sure our environment is safe, clean, appealing, and beautifully run. This role is accountable for the day-to-day operations of the office including being the first responder at the Front Desk, whether on the phone or in person, assisting clients when on site, coordinating travel, maintaining an efficiently-run, clean office, and providing office support to employees as needed.
Our Office Coordinator provides administrative and operations support to the Chicago office and serves as our manager of first impressions. In addition to running our front desk operations, this person will lead physical and experiential elements of our Chicago. At VSA, we design for a better human experience. This role is the embodiment of that philosophy for our Chicago office!
VSA currently operates in a hybrid environment, and our Office Coordinator is required to be in our Chicago office at least three days per week. In-office days are currently Tuesday through Thursday. The Office Coordinator may be asked to adjust their schedule if necessary to accommodate client or internal needs.
- Lead all aspects of the day-to-day operations at the reception desk, including greeting guests and clients, answering incoming phone calls, and receiving and distributing mail and packages.
- Work with our New York Office Coordinator to ensure new users are trained on using Egencia, VSA’s travel management system. Review travel requests for compliance with VSA policies and approve or deny travel requests based on compliance with the policy.
- Provide occasional support to C-suite and partners as needed.
- Ensure that common areas, including conference rooms, supply room, and kitchen are stocked, neat, and well maintained.
- Monitor office supply levels and order as needed. Monitor copy paper levels and advise IT when paper needs to be ordered. Manage the office supply budget.
- Provide meeting planning support during client visits, including conference room setup and cleanup.
- Receive office deliveries and ensure vendors have current Certificates of Insurance on file.
- Manage the Chicago office physical space to ensure equipment and facilities are working properly. Secure vendors to make repairs as needed.
- Participate in the office safety and emergency response team.
- Provide support for new hires, including conducting facilities tours, creating and distributing key cards (building and office space), and communicating office procedures.
- Assist with planning company and office events.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Two to five years of proven experience in the hospitality industry or in an operations role. Creative agency/environment strongly preferred.
- Strong digital literacy - Microsoft Office Suite, Google Enterprise Workspace, etc.
- Ability to interact at all levels of the company and with clients in an exceptional manner, creating a stellar customer-centric experience.
- Adaptability, flexibility, versatility, and the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain self-motivation and to work autonomously in a team environment.
- The ability to creatively problem solve independently.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
VSA Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive, equitable environment for all employees. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit and business need.
California Residents - Please review our California Privacy Notice here.
VSA PARTNERS, LLC