VSA Partners is a group of dedicated, collaborative and kind people that value smarts over egos. We work very hard to create human-centered, insight-inspired work that moves people, changes behavior, and answers real strategic problems. We started as a design firm over 30 years ago and operate today with a “design thinking” approach to everything we do. Formally, we’re a branding and marketing company that approaches business challenges holistically and aims to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing and advertising. Informally, we’re a family that comes together at the table every day to make something great.
VSA has a Recruit from Everywhere, Work from Anywhere policy so most of our roles can be based anywhere in the US!
VSA Partners is a group of dedicated, collaborative, and kind people that value insight over egos. Our Digital Design team builds and activates each of our clients’ vision, voice and story across digital channels.
VSA's Digital Practice provides brand and marketing audiences with meaningful content and communications that tackle clients’ business problems. Across multiple forms, media and channels, we unite the art and engineering of content—strategizing, concepting, structuring, creating, adapting, publishing and measuring.
We are looking for a Freelance Director, Digital Design to join a dynamic team that will lead planning and development of usable, useful, compelling visual content for a broad range of interactive projects. We will ensure and maintain a consistent, high quality level of work and contribute to the overall growth and success of a team of designers.
We will be defining and crafting sophisticated and dynamic experiences across multiple channels and devices; mobile, tablet, web and ideally physical environments/experiences.
Together we will come up with big ideas and define them down to the interaction level with appropriate detail. We advocate content choices based on clear strategy or heuristic principles and can tackle smaller projects or sizeable components of large-scale projects depending on business needs.
If this excites you; keep reading.
- Lead the creative across multiple accounts and represent Digital Design in new business meetings.
- Communicate account knowledge with the team, so they understand and articulate brands according to established guidelines and philosophies.
- Crafting user research plans, synthesizing research findings into useful insights, and translating insights into engaging brand and digital experiences.
- Advocating for the customer in every aspect of the process.
- Establish overall design direction for client programs and projects, synthesize and translates creative briefs to the team, orchestrate all creative aspects, and coordinate all constituents.
- Assist in developing omnichannel digital strategies that are insightful, useful, and align with our clients’ business objectives.
- Identify potential growth areas of assigned accounts with Client Engagement and help craft and grow client relationships.
- Influence technology decisions in ways that improve the digital experience without compromising performance.
- Lead teams in the development of prototypes of varying fidelity and the creation of clear build-ready documentation.
- Champion digital design and user experience principles, including (but not limited to) atomic design, responsive behavior, accessibility, usability, and scalability.
- Present to clients and to internal teams to run productive meetings.
- Engage in high level discussions with peers and managers about the firm.
- Work closely with Project Managers and Client Engagement leads to scope projects accurately and to establish project plans.
- Work with Practice Leads to apply and implement agreed-upon processes.
- Lead and work with multidisciplinary teams on multiple projects, ensuring that quality is high, milestones are met, and the team is appropriately used.
- Proactively identify and address inefficiencies within the process..
- Improve and support peers and team members, ensuring that everyone has a voice and positive collaboration is achieved.
- Identify tools and resources to improve efficiency.
- Evaluate (or participates in the evaluation of) team members at yearly reviews.
- Identify developmental needs of staff, including training, communicating and implementing efficiency standards, evaluating work, and providing instruction.
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in Design
- 5+ years of leading digital product creation.
- 3+ years of proven experience effectively leading a team.
- Experience working with large B2B and B2C clients.
- Expertise in digital design tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Figma, Zeplin, Principle, etc).
Does this sound like the right opportunity? We'd love to hear from you! Apply now!
VSA Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive, equitable environment for all employees. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit and business need.
California Residents - Please review our California Privacy Notice here.
VSA PARTNERS, LLC