VSA Partners is a group of dedicated, collaborative and kind people that value smarts over egos. We work very hard to create human-centered, insight-inspired work that moves people, changes behavior, and answers real strategic problems. We started as a design firm over 30 years ago and operate today with a “design thinking” approach to everything we do. Formally, we’re a branding and marketing company that approaches business challenges holistically and aims to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing and advertising. Informally, we’re a family that comes together at the table every day to make something great.
VSA has a Recruit from Everywhere, Work from Anywhere policy so most of our roles can be based anywhere in the US!
This role must be based in Chicagoland due to the physical requirements.
Our Associate Director, Infrastructure is responsible for the overall architecture and administration of server infrastructure technologies for VSA, and for effective and proactive planning, design, installation/configuration, operation, support and maintenance of all server and network systems, applications and related infrastructure across the enterprise.
Our Associate Director, Infrastructure is expected to:
- Lead the design, implementation, and support of 24/7 server and network systems, including application deployment, administration, monitoring, and user credential management in a Linux/Windows environment.
- Configure and manage the network and backup solutions; anticipate and plan for future storage requirements.
- Perform proactive, daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all server resources, systems and key processes.
- Document new systems, update existing systems architecture and technology portfolio documentation; supervise change control and maintain integrity of system configuration history.
- Diagnose and resolve sophisticated technology and application issues, escalating to the appropriate vendor as appropriate.
- Write scripts to provide export/import integration between applications
- Process, supervise and prioritize help desk tickets.
- Lead and/or assist with disaster recovery planning, including testing recovery plans.
- Collaborate with the rest of the IT team to ensure that department goals are met or exceeded and projects and deliverables are completed on time and on budget.
- Provide consultation and domain expertise to client teams as needed.
- Coordinate with VSA’s Desktop Team to build, deploy, and support solutions that support VSA’s evolving information and support needs.
- Manage, mentor, and delegate to junior IT staff.
- Participate in overall IT planning and strategy.
- Handle annual infrastructure planning and budget to ensure continuing technology innovation within the organization.
- Participate in the frequent evaluation of the enterprise for the purpose of adding security, growing efficiency, reducing cost, and lowering administration effort.
- Evaluate team members in quarterly and annual reviews.
- Foster a working environment that promotes and embraces independent and creative thinking, diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Our Associate Director, Infrastructure has these qualifications:
- 7+ years of progressive system administration experience with Unix variants, Cisco IOS, and Windows platforms, preferably in a Mac environment. Expert level of proficiency in network administration, server, server/application environments.
- 7 to 10 years of experience with VMWare or other virtualization platforms.
In order to succeed, they must have the skills, abilities, and knowledge:
- Solid understanding of system security, server and network hardware technologies and scripting languages.
- Ability to handle concurrent projects to timely, on-budget completion, with experience functioning as a lead on projects.
- Must be able to thoroughly document implementations, modifications and removals in written form.
- Ability to provide leadership and professional development to staff and work to ensure the achievement of individual and team goals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to engage team members and peers in a collaborative way.
- Ability to maintain self-motivation and to work independently in team environments.
VSA Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive, equitable environment for all employees. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit and business need.
California Residents - Please review our California Privacy Notice here.
VSA PARTNERS, LLC