At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Foothill Ranch, Irvine, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, Boise, Seoul, and Parksville, Canada are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
- As a Materials Artist, you will play a key role in defining the look of player driven experiences in our WWE titles. You will collaborate with the art team to develop rich materials that are infused with storytelling and bring our environments to a new level of realism.
- You demonstrate strong technical understanding of PBR shaders, and the how to properly author the various input maps that define materials. You are an excellent problem solver that knows how to troubleshoot issues as they come up. You are very well organized and have strong opinions when it comes to naming conventions.
What You Will Do:
- Work with the art director and environment artists to build and maintain a vast library of materials that meet the needs of our projects
- Pilot new methods and advanced techniques to produce the best-looking materials and shaders
- Develop best practices for applying materials to in game assets, and communicate workflows out to the rest of the art team
- Keep our library of materials well organized and easy to search
- Ensure that materials are optimized for target platforms while retaining artistic integrity
- Provide estimates, manage time, and hit deadlines to stay on track with set schedules and tasks
Who Will Be a Great Fit:
- You have A portfolio demonstrating 3+ years of experience with console games as an Artist, with a minimum of one released title
- You are proficient in the creation of high-quality materials using Adobe Substance Tools
- You have experience creating physically based materials and a deep understanding of real-time physically based lighting
- You have strong technical skills with the ability to troubleshoot and work efficiently within a game pipeline.
- Passion for professional video games (not just ours!), especially wrestling.
- Familiarity with asset tracking tools like Perforce, and JIRA
- Experience with real-time, physically-based lighting
- Experience with Python scripting
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com