At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, San Jose, Vancouver and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Visual Concepts is looking for a key contributor to the development of our physics systems for the NBA 2K series. This position reports into the Lead Engineer.
What You Will Do:
- Work on developing and improving on the core physics infrastructure of our in-house engine
- Collaborate closely with engineers, artists, and designers to identify physics requirements and implement solutions
- Write and maintain code that is optimized for both memory and performance
- Develop features to assist with content creation and the development pipeline
- Debug and investigate issues as they arise, including identifying problems in how the systems are used
Who Will Be A Great Fit:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related subject area (or equivalent work experience)
- Excellent 3D math and linear algebra skills
- Solid familiarity and experience with C++
- 3+ years of experience with real-time physics simulation or related topics
- Strong knowledge and experience implementing features in one or more of the following topics, Collision detection and response, Rigid body simulation, Newtonian dynamics, Constrained optimization, SIMD programming and low-level optimization
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work across fields and teams
- Self-directed with the ability to dive into and understand a large complex code base
- Love for video games (not just ours!)
Would Be Nice:
- 5+ years of game development experience, especially AAA games on consoles
- Master’s/PhD with a focus on physics, animation, or related topics.
- Experience working on physics in an open-world environment
- Solid understanding of the interaction between physics and animation
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com