At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, San Jose, Vancouver and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Who We Are:
NBA2K team is looking for a full time in-office or hybrid Assembly Maya UI Artist to work directly on game development alongside a local Budapest team, supported by a large versatile group of User Interface and Motion Graphics artists in the United States. No sports knowledge is required, just a positive individual who can creatively find solutions to technical assembly problems and deliver clean assemblies to our dedicated programmers. Here on the UI team, it is in my team’s best interest to invest in your growth and foster a long term career with us!
What We Need:
We are a people focused diverse art team where we put effort where it pays off the most, pick up our teammates when we encounter headwinds in our lives, and pride ourselves in working effectively without sacrificing mental health. We prize the happiness that comes from helping the team do our best work and take credit as a team. Afterwards we blow off some steam and play games together. Give us a chance to meet you so we can tell you more!
What You Will Do:
- Communicate well with the team
- Assemble User Interface Art using a proprietary, but powerful UI layout system
- Use Maya to build instanced library of assets and help maintain them
- Implement UI/UX designs from leads into interactive animations
- Collaborate with design and engineering to implement final art into the game engine
- Identify gaps in pipelines and contribute to improving our team processes
Who Will Be A Great Fit:
- 1-3 years experience in a digital art content creation pipeline
- Ability to communicate an issue or request with articulation and follows up loose ends
- Comfortable working in Maya and Adobe Suite; able to create efficient textures
- Be unyielding on naming conventions and understand the importance of them
- Experience working with instanced art asset pipelines
- Learn and work predominantly in our proprietary assembly tool
- Have a basic sense of design layout and animation timing
- Excellent communication verbal and written skills and attention to detail
- A strong work ethic is important – managing your own time, you pride yourself in having capacity to work autonomously.
- Able to diagnose and solve problems quickly and independently
- Understanding and learning of game engine limitations
- Excellent communication, yes this is worth mentioning multiple times because it's that important! Be an excellent written communicator on messaging systems like Slack or MS Teams!
- End-to-end knowledge of game production processes, and ability to scale your role to each phase
- Experience with realtime shaders in a 3D modeling package and/or game engine (e.g. Unreal Engine/Unity)
- Some experience in scripting languages and rigging
- Is a casual or hardcore gamer. We make games and we also play them!
Candidates may be asked to perform a test for consideration. Online Portfolio or REEL may be considered instead if provided.
This position is based in Budapest. Please be legally able to work in or in the vicinity of Budapest or willing to relocate. To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com