The Head of Marketing for our Entertainment business will launch a new consumer subscription video service from Vimeo’s highly-regarded brand, and will dramatically expand the reach of Vimeo’s viewing experiences across TV, mobile, and web. S/He will be a strong manager, a strategic thinker, and an expert in direct response acquisition and retention marketing. The ideal candidate must be passionate about A/B testing, attribution and ROI measurement, creative optimization, audience analysis and, of course, film and TV.
As a leader in our business, this role will have the ability to shape the brand identity and experience of a highly-engaged and sought-after group of users, and provide them with innovative storytelling to continue to create content that changes the world.
Key responsibilities include:
- Planning and execution of the launch campaign for Vimeo’s first consumer-focused subscription video service
- Oversight of media strategy for Vimeo’s ongoing campaigns to promote and scale the service
- Planning and execution of data-driven campaigns for Vimeo’s Originals and exclusive films and shows across display, social, search, and other forms of paid media
- Analysis, optimization, and reporting on subscriber acquisition and retention trends
- Liaison with the product team to optimize our subscriber funnel
- Partnering with content and programming teams to help ensure consistency and promotional plans
- Partnering with engineering and business insights to build reliable attribution models and methods for measuring campaign performance and ROI
- Management and deployment of a sizable performance marketing budget
- Conducting competitive product and pricing research, such as: analyzing and monitoring market trends and identifying competitive intelligence
- Construction, development, and execution of marketing plans and initiatives that will communicate a uniform brand image and message that is consistent Vimeo’s culture, core values, and the company’s unique leadership position in the video entertainment space
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA and/or advanced degree preferred
- Excellent analytical, oral, and written communication skills
- 10+ years of experience in marketing for a consumer-facing subscription or e-commerce business
- Experience in digital media products (i.e. film, TV, music, books) preferred but not required
- A comprehensive knowledge of current and emerging consumer marketing trends, and expertise in matching marketing approach to the needs of the business situation
- A hands-on leader who is quick to roll-up their sleeves, dive into the details, and take personal responsibility for high-quality execution
- An analytical, strategic thinker and visionary with extensive knowledge of online consumer marketing, and instincts to spot trends in consumer behavior to create first mover advantage
- Operationally savvy and familiar with standard business practices, and able to recognize and affect needed change in organizational structures to achieve clear business results
- An innovator with a proven track record of devising and implementing unique solutions to complex business- and subscription-based consumer marketing problems
- Ability to embody Vimeo’s style of customer focus, accountability, and execution
Vimeo empowers creators with the best tools to manage, share, and sell videos, while providing a leading consumer entertainment destination for innovative programming. We’re home to the world’s most imaginative videos and the hundreds of millions of viewers who love them.
Vimeo is rapidly growing our three core lines of business: the Creator Platform (premium video hosting and creator tools), VHX (OTT Services), and Entertainment (the consumer-facing video marketplace). We’re a team of over 200 creative, passionate individuals headquartered in New York City, and we’re looking for smart and talented people of all backgrounds to join our team and build the next generation of great video products for creators and audiences.
Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo, Inc. is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI).