Vimeo OTT helps video creators grow thriving video businesses, from small content creators to major media partners. Creators distribute and sell amazing videos through our customer-branded websites and apps on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Android, Roku, Samsung Tizen, and Xbox. Our core technology is a React and Rails web app that powers tools for thousands of creators and APIs serving millions of viewers.
Our engineering team is a small-but-mighty group of craftspeople who love to collaborate, encourage curiosity, and uphold technical excellence. We continuously deliver small, impactful improvements, always striving to make world-class software that empowers people to build their business with video. We believe diversity of perspective and experience are key to building great tech.
What you'll do:
- Make significant contributions to big projects that affect the core architecture of the Vimeo OTT platform and expand our ability to deliver rich experiences to our users.
- Grow your technical expertise to become an effective collaborator with other teams on complex integrations and innovative technical solutions.
- Improve performance, monitoring, alerting, and security for our services. Participate in our on-call rotation.
- Develop, refine, and uphold best practices and standards, and become a trusted engineering leader.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- You have experience shipping high-impact, well-factored features in Ruby on Rails.
- You’re an expert in modern web development concepts and best practices.
- You prioritize shipping user value and focus on making an impact for users.
- You always strive to write high-quality code and automated tests, and you care about the details.
- You communicate well verbally and in writing, across different kinds of audiences.
- You’re an inveterate learner, highly curious, unafraid to jump out of the plane and build your parachute on the way down (metaphorically speaking).
Targeted Base Salary Range: $127,800 to $196,000
The base salary range listed above is for candidates located in the U.S., including the New York City metro area.
At Vimeo, we strive to hire and nurture amazing talent across the globe. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to experience, specialized skills, internal alignment and a candidate’s home base.
Base salary is just one component of Vimeo’s total rewards philosophy. We offer a wide range of benefits and perks that appeal to the variety of needs across our diverse employee base! Other rewards may include bonus or commission, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), paid time off, generous 401k match, wellbeing resources, and more.
Vimeo (NASDAQ:VMEO) is the world’s most innovative video experience platform. We enable anyone to create high-quality video experiences to connect better and bring ideas to life. We proudly serve our growing community of nearly 300 million users — from creative storytellers to globally distributed teams at the world’s largest companies. Learn more at www.vimeo.com.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity, and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.