Are you passionate about filmmaking, and new creative forms of video storytelling? Do you love building interactive tools for creators? Are you obsessed with the quality and performance around viewing experiences on all platforms, and all regions? Do you have creative ideas around how to engage audiences with video? Join one of the strongest video teams in the digital media and technology, and lead the next generation of great video products for video creators and audiences.
What you’ll do:
- Data- driven product development, with the ability to define and execute products that meet quality, engagement, and retention goals for creators and viewers
- Define and track quality benchmarks and goals around playback, viewer engagement, and creator retention -- both on a qualitative and quantitative level
- Lead products end-to-end through the video pipeline; starting from inception, to research, prototyping, planning, development, testing, launches, and iterations
- Prioritize initiatives against team KPI’s, projecting ROI, and continuous iteration towards product goals
- Guide design, prototyping, and hands-on testing with design in order to quickly iterate on product concepts to meet business and user needs
- Innovate around player tools and delivery techniques to continue to redefine video experiences and user behavior as technology evolves
- Competitive analysis on best practices and latest innovations around search and recommendations
- Publicly represent Vimeo product innovation throughout the video and media community
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Over 5 years building digital products across platforms
- At least 3 years working with video or media
- Video streaming and delivery, including proven success around improving quality delivered, reducing startup time, reducing buffer ratio, and overall perceived quality for users across all platforms and regions
- Player interactivity/non-linear video, including proven success in driving engagement and conversion with in player tools
- 360/Virtual reality video experiences, including stereo and mono visual experiences across platforms
- End-to-end live video experiences, including ingest, encoding, delivery, and playback
- Strong interpersonal skills, and success in evolving team culture in a positive and more productive direction
About the Video team:
The Video team spans across Upload, Transcoding, and Player; with a cross functional team focused on creating the highest quality video experiences for creators and viewers. Within Vimeo, it is the core component to the growth of the business, and long term innovation around video. The team’s focus is to experiment with new and creative solutions to some of the biggest questions facing video experiences for today and the future. This role reports directly into the Director of Video Product.
Vimeo’s mission is to empower creators to make, share and sell amazing videos directly to viewers worldwide, in the highest quality possible and with no interruptive advertising. Vimeo is home to the world’s leading video creators and the hundreds of millions of viewers who love them. We’d love to welcome you to both our team, and our community.
Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo, Inc is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI).