We are looking for a Senior Manager, Accounting, to join our Global Accounting team in New York, to support Vimeo’s growth by ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting and a strong and sustainable internal control environment. The primary responsibilities include managing, reviewing, and ensuring the integrity of the financial statements for the company’s operations. You will be a key member of the accounting team, working closely with the Director, Accounting Operations and collaborating with internal business partners across the company, including Treasury, Marketing, Hosting, and Legal, to build successful relationships and meet mutual objectives.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee and coordinate month-end closing activities, including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations, and flux analyses.
- Provide strategic and day-to-day management of the general accounting function, working with the Director, Accounting Operations.
- Analyze actual results against forecast, prior quarters, and prior years and provide succinct variance explanations to support the monthly financial results meeting.
- Develop processes/systems to drive efficiencies and measure, evaluate, and improve departmental and individual productivity.
- Maintain and enhance SOX-appropriate control environment by adhering to requirements, updating documentation, and providing recommendations as appropriate.
- Optimize the accounting organization’s capabilities by assessing talent, coaching and mentoring team members, and developing the most effective team structure.
- Apply technical accounting expertise to ensure compliance with and efficient application of U.S. GAAP.
- Respond to interim review and year-end audit requests from internal and external auditors as part of the financial reporting process.
- Review contracts and other transactions for appropriate accounting treatment.
- Implement processes and document controls to ensure a SOX-compliant internal control environment.
- Perform ad hoc reporting and other analyses, as requested.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 10+ years of related industry experience in Big Four or public accounting in a corporate accounting or general ledger accounting role.
- 3+ years leading, managing, and developing a team, demonstrating the ability to create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA required.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
- Familiarity with lease accounting under ASC 842.
- Knowledge of SOX requirements and internal control best practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain collaborative work relationships.
- Passion for process or system enhancements and operational excellence.
- Oracle Cloud Fusion and BlackLine experience preferred.
- Analytical and detail-oriented to accurately present management reports and provide sound recommendations.
Targeted Base Salary Range: $111,000 to $169,500
The base salary range listed above is for candidates located in the U.S., including the New York City metro area.
At Vimeo, we strive to hire and nurture amazing talent across the globe. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to experience, specialized skills, internal alignment and a candidate’s home base.
Base salary is just one component of Vimeo’s total rewards philosophy. We offer a wide range of benefits and perks that appeal to the variety of needs across our diverse employee base! Other rewards may include bonus or commission, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), paid time off, generous 401k match, tuition reimbursement, wellbeing resources, and more.
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 260 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity, and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs