Vimeo is looking for a Sales Development Representative (SDR) who will prospect and qualify potential customers for the Vimeo Sales team, building trust and rapport that results in qualified opportunities. The Sales Development Representative is the first point of contact between prospective customers and Vimeo and will be responsible for generating and qualifying new leads. The ideal candidate has a keen eye for determining potential opportunities for new business, and can rapidly qualify, convert, and assign those opportunities. This role will be a part of a new team that will build the process of expanding new Enterprise and OTT business for Vimeo.
What you’ll do:
- Prospect for new business, researching companies and individuals that meet criteria for prospective partnership with Vimeo
- Develop ideal customer profiles for outbound prospecting
- Qualify inbound inquiries
- Build new methods for attracting clients
- Take initiative to help marketing convert their efforts into leads for the business development team
- Work to meet and exceed monthly goals defined to increase deal flow with outbound emails, calls, setting up meetings, etc.
- Occasionally close new business opportunities
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 1-3 years’ experience in demand development, lead generation, or sales, ideally within SaaS businesses
- Outstanding phone, prospecting, sales, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM software
- Ability to build relationships with potential customers, understand their environment, and introduce new concepts to solve problems
- Ability to build relationships with internal partners, fully understand technology platform capabilities, and Vimeo’s ability to solve partner needs
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload to enhance efficiency
- Demonstrated interest in the entertainment, online video or technology industries
- Represent the company and our products with a high degree of professionalism
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 260 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity, and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs