We are looking for an experienced engineer for our customer support team who has a proven track record of building, evolving and maintaining internal tools and integrations that increase the efficiency and efficacy of Vimeo's global customer support operation.
This is an exciting time at Vimeo as we are reimanging and modernizing the CX for our customers and this role will be leading efforts to build our way there. You will lead a function within the support organization and will partner with global teammates to build out best in class personalized customer experiences. As the functional owner, you will be tasked with building custom applications specifically but not limited to our Zendesk instance bringing detailed information about our customers right to the agent interface.
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain support applications and tools
- Improve team efficiency and quality by building / maintaining tools to assist in daily operations.
- Build and maintain apps/integrations that bring critical user information directly into the support platform.
- Build and maintain integrations with our support platform (Zendesk) and external services (e.g. Vimeo, OTT, Salesforce, Airtable, Slack, etc.). In particular, maintain the webhook integration between Zendesk and Vimeo.
- Configure and maintain other third-party applications within the support platform.
- Build and maintain the Help Center front end
- Add/remove copy, upsells, and tweaks to the overall appearance.
- Implement Help Center integrations such as Solvvy.
- Build and maintain browser-based and phone support channels
- This includes the Core Contact Form, other specialized contact forms, as well as various Zendesk widgets across the site.
- Investigate and implement new support channels, such as AI-powered chat interfaces.
- Build, evolve and maintain the Enterprise phone support line in Twilio.
- Automate repetitive or labor intensive tasks with scripts
- Develop automation scripts that reduce frequent or time-consuming manual tasks. Examples include pulling ticket/user data from Zendesk, updating macros in bulk, or updating organization fields with data from external sources.
- Set up recurring emailed reports on various key metrics.
- Implement system quality checks
- Anomaly detection
- Automated testing of ticket routing
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 4+ years in a systems application developing/engineering role within customer support
- Experiences working with Zendesk app frameworks and Web API’s and a general understanding of Zendesk sunshine
- Proficiency in NodeJS, Python, PHP
- Front-end development with ReactJS
- Developing and maintaining phone systems in Twilio Studio (Flows, Functions, and TwiML) a plus
- Google Cloud Functions
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 230 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.