Vimeo’s Growth team sits at the convergence of product, marketing, and data, digging through data to find the needle in the haystack and obsessing about user experiences, balancing what’s right for the business and fighting for what’s best for the user! We need an exceptional engineering leader with the ability to manage technology and to grow engineers.
We are a small team that cares about cross-functional collaboration. We encourage curiosity. We believe diverse perspectives are key to building great user experiences and technology. We believe that successful teams take the time for self care and to care for one another.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of engineers that, in addition to coding, empathizes with customers and collaborates cross-functionally to identify and solve problems
- Work individually with direct reports to optimize their career paths for growth at Vimeo
- Provide mentorship to help increase the efficiency, stability, deliverability, and maintainability of everything your team produces
- Partner with Recruiting and HR to attract and retain a diverse team of engineers through hiring, mentoring, feedback, and career development
- Develop and implement processes for building better software and better teams, and become an evangelist for architectural and organizational best practices
- Work closely with our Design and Product teams to move projects from conception to launch, then iterate and test new features
- Thoughtfully negotiate, clarify, and communicate engineering priorities across teams to make sure they align with overall business objectives
- Effectively partner with other leaders to influence strategic decisions, and advocate for and drive change on behalf of your team
- Create a collaborative and inclusive engineering environment that is open-minded, respectful, and effective, while fostering a team culture of accountability, communication, and self-management
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- a track record of mentoring and growing people
- extensive experience designing and implementing systems with clarity, reusability, testability, and scalability in mind
- ability to communicate and collaborate respectfully and effectively with both technical and non-technical teams
- experience successfully recruiting great people to your team
- experience leading and managing engineers towards delivering timely high quality software
- enough technical sense to ask engineers good questions about architecture and product decisions
- Have strong organizational ability and can break up projects into manageable pieces and complete them in a timely manner
- Pay great attention to detail–whether building a tool for reviewing videos or processing subscription payments, the details are crucial on a team entrusted with supporting the work of hundreds of thousands of professional videographers and businesses
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.