Video accounts for some 80% of today’s global Internet traffic. Vimeo’s Video hosting stack enables high quality experience to our creators and viewers. The mission of this team is to architect and deploy innovative solutions to save costs without negatively impacting Video QoE (Quality of Experience). These goals are achieved by understanding product features (old, new, and future) and identifying architectural inefficiencies and potential optimizations. The successful candidate will have worked on large scale distributed systems and has developed end to end solutions, including building alerting and data visualization tools.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to optimize hosting operations
- Drive technical and architectural planning
- Implement and deploy solutions
- Automate early detection of potential changes that could impact the business, building trust among cross-functional teams
- Promote a data-driven strategy for making decisions
- Propose ideas and test new solutions to improve the quality and performance of the system
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Expertise in one or more programming languages (Go, Python, Node.js) and building back-end solutions
- Experience with cloud platforms (GCP or AWS)
- Familiarity with CDNs
- Familiarity with concurrent, parallel, and distributed computing
- Experience with Linux systems and shell scripting
- Experience in Container Technologies (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Basic competence with SQL
- Experience working with Big Data Technologies (BigQuery, Snowflake, Kafka, Spark, Druid, DataFlow, DataProc)
- Experience in delivering end to end video workflows
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of over 650 passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs