Our platform has robust analytics tools that can tell video creators where people are from, where they click, and even track where in a video someone stopped watching—giving you insight into creating engaging content in the future.
As a Sr. Data Engineer on the Data team, you will create infrastructure and services that provide access to real-time event streams. You will work with our product and engineering teams to help define data access and help implement systems to give deeper insightful data metrics to video creators.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with stakeholders to define new events streamed through our pipeline
- Create, manage and maintain batch and real-time ETL pipelines for streaming events
- Help design and build a system for data discoverability
- Review Kafka and Spark specific metrics and key performance indicators for monitoring and performance management
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 3+ years’ experience working with scalable data architecture, fault-tolerant ETL, and monitoring of data quality in the cloud
- Expertise in Java/Scala and at least one other backend programming language
- Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Flink, or similar data streaming and processing framework experience
- Experience with SQL, NoSQL (HBase, BigTable, Cassandra)
- Experience and/or working knowledge of developing Restful web APIs
- Airflow, Celery, or any other Open Source Data task processing system
Bonus Points (Nice Skills to Have, but Not Needed):
- Experience with Apache Phoenix
- Python or other scripting language experience a plus
- Cloud Provider experience (AWS tools, Google Cloud tools, Azure tools)
- Real-time analytics databases (Druid, Clickhouse, Snowflake, BigQuery/Spanner)
Vimeo is the world’s leading professional video platform and community. We empower over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest brands — to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos and to reach teams, audiences and customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 650 passionate, dedicated humans. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse and global community that we serve, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders and culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.